Steve Angello -Flonko

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
Kacperson
Axwell lover

Post Kacperson26 Jun 2009, 10:08

anyone heard it ?

Damn it ,every song from Angello started to sound the same...Dunno why,he was always so creative.Maybe he forgot his creativity and is focusing on chasing money releasing song after song or what?

I used to be a huge fan of him,really inspirating guy,but recently all his songs sound like a loaded template to logic ,consisting of 808 kick sound + one riff and white noise .

I would love to see some productions from steve like in his older times,iwth great groovy basslines etc.

just a point of view of fan,i guess there will be people that enjoy this track as tastes are diffrent
Kosi
I worship Axwell

Post Kosi26 Jun 2009, 13:40

flonko > che flute > gypsi
Flonko is a booomb
Dirty Sanchez
I worship Axwell

Post Dirty Sanchez26 Jun 2009, 14:22

I think Flonko is fantastic. Che flute is a simple but effective DJ tool. Gypsy seemed to be crap yet it got massive support. SIZE has been releasing very very good stuff lately... So I think Mr. Angello has my total support right now :)
Kacperson
Axwell lover

Post Kacperson27 Jun 2009, 09:45

then it looks like i am only one freak :)but as i said,tastes are diffrent
ANDREA
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Nothing :'(

Post ANDREA27 Jun 2009, 10:50

I like very much gypsy, that bassline is amazing, love the mash with sweet dreams
I don't like very much Che Flute. very simple tune but he gave it for free so a +1 for steve
Flonko is the booombbbb just makes me dance! And it was released the 24th for my birthday so +1 for this tune! :mrgreen:
He's doing a great work with his label so I really like what he's doing! :)
I AM A BOY!!!

I've Got Nothing But Love For You!
Dirty Sanchez
I worship Axwell

Post Dirty Sanchez27 Jun 2009, 18:00

Since last summer we've had more or less the following releases involving Steve or his label:

SIZE018R: Remixes from Gypsy
This was spinned by everyone and their mother, the bootleg with Sweet dreams too, so this track was definetely a success... While still kind of "simple", it worked as a perfect DJ tool and eventually became a "weapon" itself. And remixes were nice.

SIZE019: Chaa Chaa
I think this is an awesome production by Seb and LBL, great release for SIZE.

SIZE020: Klack
Finally they put this out, the Inpetto mix is off the hook, a great great one, both mix 1 and 2 are a nice tech track and the Joris Voorn version is decent too.

SIZE021: Rhythm Code EP
Scorpion is a great song, Where is Neil pretty average. Still, good EP cos it brought this guys some deserved attention.

SIZELTD001: Keep it down
I think this was a good release for Dagaard & Morane.

SIZE022: Mad money
Great EP, I don't think anyone would argue this :)

SIZE023: P.O.V.
Great remix by Steve and good original by Kim Fai

SIZE024: Isabel (or whatever u wanna call it)
A great track that really puts me a crowd in the mood!

SIZE025: Rhythm Code EP 2
Even better than the first one, Invisible line is a fantastic tech track!!!

SIZE026: Palmito
Not sure about this one, I did buy it and I do like it but it's kinda weird anyway lol

SIZE027: Flonko!
Some klez-tech and seems like most of us do like it :)

Plus... Get wild Remix, Move! Remix, Partouze, Show me love remixes, LTWB with the guys, Sweden/The moon, his compilation SIZE: First dimension, Everytime we touch with Guetta and Ingrosso and Baby when the light with Guetta...

And I think that's

a- A lot of music for several tastes
b- Great tracks most of them

Plus he releases many live sets!! Come on people, think about it!! He's giving us his best really!!

:)
ANDREA
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Nothing :'(

Post ANDREA27 Jun 2009, 18:25

Yes! he's not bad as most of you think!
He doesn't always drink tequila he works really hard!
I AM A BOY!!!

I've Got Nothing But Love For You!
husajfa
I worship Axwell

Post husajfa27 Jun 2009, 19:04

from Gypsy remixes/edits/bootlegs i like laidback luke's interpretation the most. the chords are just wonderful. but of course dirty's bootleg is very nice.

Chaa Chaa have amazing melody and strings in the break.

next thing i like from size is Lanski remix of Keep It Down - it has nice deep/tech touch in it.

i'm particularly fond of Isabel and it's simplicity. i'm not certain about the mood, but generally it's a sorrow, melancholy for me :D

but what i like the most is Invisible Line. just listen :shock:

and Flonko is definitely the best thing i've heard from mr Angello in the last few months except his collabs with guys of course. that's the only one track which i like from his "folk gypsy techno shit".

aaa forgot about Che Flute... everytime i'm listen it i feel soooo happy. very cheerful track ;)

but i'd like to hear some real house from him if it's possible :?
Byron
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: (Pioneer)2-1000mk3's 1-cdj400,DJM 800
HDJ1000

Post Byron27 Jun 2009, 20:35

Ah i don't like flonko at all...Maybe if i heard it from another producer i would think it's pretty good,but Angello... :? I mean its not really bad is it?It's just not really exciting...For me the all time favorite from Steve is 555...It's yet to be beaten.
husajfa
I worship Axwell

Post husajfa27 Jun 2009, 21:23

Flonko is good but gypsy, valodja, palmito are pure shit