interview Sebastian Ingrosso, Axwell & Dirty South @ F12

DJ Mixes, Radio Shows, Livesets, YouTube, Pictures & Tune IDs.
marko
I worship Axwell

Post marko23 Jul 2009, 13:46

Ax said something about new album. So just seat, relax and enjoy in interview...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTHLVDVM1zo
julian
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: 2 CDJ 800 MK2, DJM 400

Post julian23 Jul 2009, 18:04

yea, i can see the discussion about him recording livesets coming up.

first of all, i respect his decision, but i think hes overreacting a little and in some way having wrong views (in my opinion).

He said he doesnt want to be judged by a tracklist, i get that, but thats how fans are, they always wanna hear the new stuff, and of course they will be a little disapointed, unlike the people in the club. But i think people still appreciate these sets, they just have to understand not all the big exclusives will be played.
Also, ax said people will cut out stuff. But if its recorded with crowd noise, this isnt that big of a deal i think, who wants to play a track with people cheering in it anyways? People ripping exclusives of a set are pathetic, and we people being interested in what ax plays, and enjoying the listen shouldnt be the ones suffering!
Oh, and ax said people should come to his shows but, even if i travel 400km to a gig, this will only make 1 or 2 gigs a year. not enough, considering the lack of good commercial house music djs!

the thing is, there are morons not caring about copyright and the artists, but there also are a lot of people enjoying sets by axwell, even if the tracks are old (its not only exclusives tracks making a set good).
so perhaps he should either make some radio sets, or record live gigs with crowd noise.

i hope the last word wasnt spoken about this!
Kosi
I worship Axwell

Post Kosi24 Jul 2009, 10:15

so true julz!
Squid
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: One day it will be pioneer

Post Squid24 Jul 2009, 13:34

Totally agree with Julian. Axwell is a bit harsh with his opinions on recording live sets. I would really love to hear more of his sets, I don't care if there aren't any huge releases/exclusives in them. I just want to listen to them. I don't get the opportunity to go to his gigs cos I live in Australia. I don't judge sets by looking at the tracklist, you really got to listen to them and imagine what the vibe would be like. I understand his concern for people cutting out new tracks but in the end they aren't good quality, have crowd noise etc and have the potential to kill the release if people over play them (but that would be self-inflicted, not because the artist plays it too much).
Other than that, great interview, looking forward to DS's label and Axwell's Album regardless of how long it takes ;)
MikeCasa
True fan

Post MikeCasa24 Jul 2009, 19:34

Its all ready for free on the blogs, too funny.
twitter.com/mikecasa
DJMiller
Axwell lover
DJ Gear: Pioneer CDJ-1000 + DJM-800 + HDJ-1000 // Logic Pro 8 - Ableton Live

Post DJMiller26 Jul 2009, 00:12

What's a shame Ax it reacts in this manner but I can understand him. As soon as the set is broadcasted, people will cut it and diffuse it content! And sure these stupid guys did even not give to it a full listening.

The best will be that they record the set themself so they can manage the diffusionhow they want. Then they may ad crowd noise, and jingles on the top of upfront tunes, as Pete Tong does for his radio show, and limit the Kpbs to something like 96 max. In that way nobody will be able to use any rip for plays.

I'm like you guys, I can't see Ax more than 1 or 2 times per year. So when a new set or radio show is broadcasted, I really enjoy to listen to it.

Blogs will kill music...
www.jeromemiller.ch

House Session Podcast on iTunes:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt ... =293249693