Axwell's "worst" Track (is this possible)?

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
ANDREA
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Nothing :'(

Post ANDREA31 Jul 2009, 11:07

Latest post of the previous page:

I like Dark Side Of The Moon! I like the strings! Submariner too it's an amzing tune!
The only tracks that I don't like very much are Been A Long Time Remode and Transatlantic Flight!
But "We are human after all..." :mrgreen:
I AM A BOY!!!

I've Got Nothing But Love For You!
husajfa
I worship Axwell

Post husajfa31 Jul 2009, 11:27

Been A Long Time is huge remix for me! perfect! after the break it's a booomb!

i hate original cuz vocal completely doesn't match to the rest, it's a fight between the whole shizzle and Rudy (definitely great voice). people who claim it's ok probably are deaf
Halcyon
I worship Axwell

Post Halcyon31 Jul 2009, 12:17

I keep thinking that at the time Ax should have release both Remode and Unreleased remix of Been A Long Time, because I loved the first version. And maybe it would have satisfied twice more fans.
Transatlantic flight is a huge bomb, especially the part after the break !!!
Last edited by Halcyon on 31 Jul 2009, 14:50, edited 1 time in total.
husajfa
I worship Axwell

Post husajfa31 Jul 2009, 12:48

i really like the lead from BALT ''unreleased'' mix. but please note after the break there're diffenent sounds and another notes.

It's a pity ax didn't make remix and remode somthin like hometown glory.
this lead could be used in totally different remode/remix version. i'm sure it would work axcellent!
prosens
Axwell digger
DJ Gear: 2x Pioneer CDJ800MK2
1x Pioneer DJM 400

Post prosens02 Aug 2009, 02:35

Submariner is the one i dislike most.
husajfa
I worship Axwell

Post husajfa02 Aug 2009, 11:10

Submariner is definitely one of the most underrated single by mr A

Counting Down The days seems to be the most overrated

i changed a bit my opinion about this remix after i wrote this unfamous thread. it has really nice chords i must admit but the trumpet spoiled the whole remix. i used to hate that trumpet in the background, i hate it now and I WILL :x
boksic
Axwell lover

Post boksic03 Aug 2009, 19:08

Cool thread, nice to see so many different opinions. I'm a huge fan of Ride The Wave, Submariner and Dark Side of the Moon (it fits perfectly in his set from Club FG October 2005).

My least favourite is probably a controversial one but its TV Rock ft Rudy - Feel It In The Air.

I really like the beat at the beginning but then it kind of turns into something that a lot of producers could do, and doesn't sound like an Axwell track IMO and more like a Calvin Harris song or something.

Having said that, it does have similar elements to the Temper Traps remix which I really really like.
husajfa
I worship Axwell

Post husajfa03 Aug 2009, 20:44

some fans of axwellish house could be disappointed cuz it's maybe too trancy for your taste but for me works perfectly. imo it DOES sound like Axwell (especially strings after the break in the beat - typical axwellish)
;)

axwell always tries to develop new sound and we all know he's doing diverse house music, so everything is changing all the time (except few tracks such as In The Air - Sweet Disposition). they're quite similar on first sight must admit
boksic
Axwell lover

Post boksic03 Aug 2009, 20:56

husajfa wrote:some fans of axwellish house could be disappointed cuz it's maybe too trancy for your taste but for me works perfectly. imo it DOES sound like Axwell (especially strings after the break in the beat - typical axwellish)
;)

axwell always tries to develop new sound and we all know he's doing diverse house music, so everything is changing all the time (except few tracks such as In The Air - Sweet Disposition). they're quite similar on first sight must admit
I really like when Axwell tries to develop a new sound, thats one of the reasons why he is so highly regarded and I love his more adventurous songs eg Submariner and that WMC 08 ID. I just think the tune of the strings are too much like something I have heard before, and could be done by anyone.

But I can definitely see why people like it and for me he more than made up for it with the Temper Trap's remix which is great.

Thats the great thing about this topic and house/dance music in general. There are so many sounds and there is something for everyone.
husajfa
I worship Axwell

Post husajfa03 Aug 2009, 21:40

exaclty... so different tracks everyone will find somthin interesting, one unique sound but he doesn't limit to it... always discovering new. it's a progression and that's what we like
jeanp
I worship Axwell

Post jeanp12 Aug 2009, 10:43

Funny Thread,

for me the aerly songs are average.
just have a look here:http://www.discogs.com/artist/Axwell
Like a Jazzplayer (just for instance)http://www.traxsource.com/index.php?act ... les&cv=995
And google the songs, this will Open some Ears and Eyes :P
And have a look on his other project names, really funny stuff.
But it shows really good, that everybody really has a learning curve.

Never the less he is one of the Best DJ's/Producer in the World.