Axwell Album

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
User avatar
DCBull
I worship Axwell
Send private message
Posts: 2223
Joined: 19 Aug 2011

Post DCBull26 Apr 2012, 20:38

Latest post of the previous page:

"What can we expect for the future? Maybe a solo album or some other interesting collaborations?
'At this moment there are no specific collaborations planned. We are working hard on the Axtone label and all productions related to that. Next to this we are writing more Swedish House Mafia music. And as we like to guarantee the quality of each track, we are doing one track at a time.' "

he doesn't answer the album question...

also interesting from this interview, they won't do privilege this year- only ushuaia. And also something is planned for the US

http://www.link2party.com/nl/news/375/l ... much-more/
User avatar
olivierM
I worship Axwell
Send private message
Posts: 585
Joined: 12 May 2010
Location: France

Post olivierM26 Apr 2012, 21:59

So he's about to spend the whole year with only an edit (in my mind) in terms of solo prods...

I have no words to explain my disappointment...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
User avatar
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio
Posts: 3317
Joined: 04 Aug 2009
Location: Rotterdam City Of Love, The Netherlands

Post Vinelli26 Apr 2012, 22:03

olivierM wrote:So he's about to spend the whole year with only an edit (in my mind) in terms of solo prods...

I have no words to explain my disappointment...

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
I refuse to believe this.
User avatar
Halcyon
I worship Axwell
Send private message
Posts: 538
Joined: 17 May 2008
Location: France

Post Halcyon26 Apr 2012, 22:41

So it confirms my previous sentence :D .
Another thing going in my mind : so he doesn't want to answer about the album, is that why I didn't have any news about the "event" when they gave us an e-mail address for "asking Axwell whatever we want" ? Or is anyone else in the same case as me (i.e. without any answer) ?
User avatar
fiaskko
Axwell fan
Send private message
Posts: 9
Joined: 26 Apr 2012

Post fiaskko27 Apr 2012, 06:57

The site is still accessible http://www.facebook.com/axwellofficial/ ... 7119924295
Such a Q&A is perfect for an album launch, just like Eric did.
User avatar
camheine
I worship Axwell
Send private message
Posts: 1152
Joined: 18 Feb 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post camheine27 Apr 2012, 07:56

The thing that dissapoints me the most is not the fact that he hasnt done anything in a while, plenty of artists go through dry spells in their solo career, its the fact that he has all of these amazing tracks that hes had for years, like Centre of the Universe, Think about it, inside of me, WMC 2008 (2008! Its riidiculous!) I cant think of any artist (at least in dance music) to be holding on to so many amazing tracks and refuse to release them. I dont care that these tracks might be considered old or not updated, i just want him to release them, i dont even care about the album anymore, at least just release the tracks. The only possible positive reason i can think of Axwell doing this (and i know its not gonna happen cos its an absolute pipe dream) is if he has been woking on his album in secret and wants to unleash it as a surprise. I know thats ridiculous and not true, but hell, i need something to keep me goin
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music."
User avatar
axtice
Axwell digger
Send private message
Posts: 84
Joined: 01 Dec 2011
Location: Netherlands

Post axtice27 Apr 2012, 08:41

camheine wrote:The thing that dissapoints me the most is not the fact that he hasnt done anything in a while, plenty of artists go through dry spells in their solo career, its the fact that he has all of these amazing tracks that hes had for years, like Centre of the Universe, Think about it, inside of me, WMC 2008 (2008! Its riidiculous!) I cant think of any artist (at least in dance music) to be holding on to so many amazing tracks and refuse to release them. I dont care that these tracks might be considered old or not updated, i just want him to release them, i dont even care about the album anymore, at least just release the tracks. The only possible positive reason i can think of Axwell doing this (and i know its not gonna happen cos its an absolute pipe dream) is if he has been woking on his album in secret and wants to unleash it as a surprise. I know thats ridiculous and not true, but hell, i need something to keep me goin
I hope the Pryda album sells well, and that might convince Axwell to release the (an) album.

I think if he had an album coming, he would at least be playing some of those tracks still, but he hasn't played them since 2010, so I don't see why he would suddenly release them on an album.
User avatar
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio
Posts: 3317
Joined: 04 Aug 2009
Location: Rotterdam City Of Love, The Netherlands

Post Vinelli27 Apr 2012, 10:20

axtice wrote:
camheine wrote:The thing that dissapoints me the most is not the fact that he hasnt done anything in a while, plenty of artists go through dry spells in their solo career, its the fact that he has all of these amazing tracks that hes had for years, like Centre of the Universe, Think about it, inside of me, WMC 2008 (2008! Its riidiculous!) I cant think of any artist (at least in dance music) to be holding on to so many amazing tracks and refuse to release them. I dont care that these tracks might be considered old or not updated, i just want him to release them, i dont even care about the album anymore, at least just release the tracks. The only possible positive reason i can think of Axwell doing this (and i know its not gonna happen cos its an absolute pipe dream) is if he has been woking on his album in secret and wants to unleash it as a surprise. I know thats ridiculous and not true, but hell, i need something to keep me goin
I hope the Pryda album sells well, and that might convince Axwell to release the (an) album.

I think if he had an album coming, he would at least be playing some of those tracks still, but he hasn't played them since 2010, so I don't see why he would suddenly release them on an album.
It's funny because in AX VOL 1, Axtone states that an axwell album would have been released 2 years ago
User avatar
fiaskko
Axwell fan
Send private message
Posts: 9
Joined: 26 Apr 2012

Post fiaskko27 Apr 2012, 11:20

Funny thing is, If you read his facebook info it says:
" “I have been holding back with the productions for a bit,” says Axwell, “and that’s because I’m currently trying to finish off my debut album. It’s going really well. I’m used to just working track-by-track, but making a whole album, and making the whole thing sound fresh – all the tracks, all at the same time – that’s been a challenge, but a really fun one. And that’s why I didn’t release that many tracks in 2009 – although, what I did release kept me going for the whole year!
“My album will contain a bit of everything that I’m about – which is a bit of everything! It’s going to contain a lot of songs that I’ve worked on throughout the years and maybe not finished, but I’ve thought, ‘That’s a great song – I really need to finish that some day.’ And that day has come – now it’s time to finish them.”

Album or no album, Axwell has still found time to personally send the planet’s biggest club..."
User avatar
Boscó
Axwell digger
Send private message
Posts: 97
Joined: 26 Jun 2008
Location: Hungary
DJ Gear: Traktor ; Macbook Pro ; Traktor Ns7

Post Boscó13 Jun 2012, 16:57

do you guys still believe in his artist album?

I turned to be curious about however on the other hand tracks like centre of the universe or think about it must be released sometime..
"...people were going going crazy for everything i played i could have played like a kick for 20 mins and people would be mad..." (axwell)
User avatar
olivierM
I worship Axwell
Send private message
Posts: 585
Joined: 12 May 2010
Location: France

Post olivierM13 Jun 2012, 20:24

The question is : do we still believe in his producing ? The last Ax prod was heart is king, more than a year ago...