Axwell Album

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
peter017
I worship Axwell

Post peter01716 Mar 2010, 08:36

Latest post of the previous page:

aaahaha u forgot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdZGKiSZS1M

aaand greatest thing for me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EetS_NiN5Jg

THATS 5!! bring it on!
peter017
I worship Axwell

Post peter01716 Mar 2010, 08:39

oh and also first track in here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRbN0U4wsm0

woot thats already 6 :)
Kosi
I worship Axwell

Post Kosi16 Mar 2010, 12:30

and perhabs the new swedish house mafia id
daherbst
Administrator
DJ Gear: all about Pioneer

Post daherbst16 Mar 2010, 13:58

:lol: why don't you read the "current Axwell productions" thread?
e=shm²
Axcellent!
Squid
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: One day it will be pioneer

Post Squid07 Apr 2010, 11:43

Ah WMC has come and gone and there has been no sign of Axwell's Album
I guess we wait til the summer...
oskaaar
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Pioneer XDJ-RX

Post oskaaar22 Apr 2010, 08:55

How nice wouldn't it be with a double CD album? The first CD with new tracks and the other CD with unreleased bootlegs, like Bittersweet Symphony vs. Tell Me Why and In the Air vs. Hard to Beat (for example).
Nothing But Love
EvenSteven
Axwell lover

Post EvenSteven22 Apr 2010, 12:01

oskaaar wrote:How nice wouldn't it be with a double CD album? The first CD with new tracks and the other CD with unreleased bootlegs, like Bittersweet Symphony vs. Tell Me Why and In the Air vs. Hard to Beat (for example).
I would give 30 euros for that one! Amen.
robsta
I worship Axwell
Send private message http://soundcloud.com/robbymorgz
DJ Gear: DJM800, 2xCDJ800 in Oz
Traktor Z1 + iPad Air in GER

Post robsta23 Apr 2010, 01:26

oskaaar wrote:How nice wouldn't it be with a double CD album? The first CD with new tracks and the other CD with unreleased bootlegs, like Bittersweet Symphony vs. Tell Me Why and In the Air vs. Hard to Beat (for example).
that would be awesome! but would be a licensing nightmare for Axtone!!! not going to happen :(
Checkout my SoundCloud! http://soundcloud.com/robbymorgz for Tracks, Bootlegs & DJ Sets.
Axwell_Maniac88
Axwell digger

Post Axwell_Maniac8828 Aug 2010, 13:58

some fresh news about axwell album:

You only have to take a look over the back catalogue of Axtone, Axwell's much-admired label, to see his enthusiasm for a dizzying range of styles and sounds. From the banging to the beatific, Axwell and his roster of artists – which includes Dirty South, TV Rock & Prok & Fitch amongst others – really have managed to please all the people, all the time.

Things have been comparatively quiet in terms of Axwell’s own release schedule for the last 12 months or so – his biggest tune of recent times has been 'Leave The World Behind', the spectacular collabora¬tion with Laidback Luke and his Swedish House Mafia cohorts Steve Angello and Sebastian Ingrosso. However, there’s a very good reason for this usually prolific producer keeping a relatively low profile, track-wise.

"I have been holding back with the productions for a bit," says Axwell, "and that’s because I’m currently trying to finish off my debut album. It's going really well. I’m used to just working track-by-track, but making a whole album, and making the whole thing sound fresh – all the tracks, all at the same time – that's been a challenge, but a really fun one. And that's why I didn’t release that many tracks in 2009 – although, what I did release kept me going for the whole year!

"My album will contain a bit of everything that I'm about – which is a bit of everything! It's going to contain a lot of songs that I’ve worked on throughout the years and maybe not finished, but I've thought, 'That’s a great song – I really need to finish that some day.' And that day has come – now it's time to finish them."

Album or no album, Axwell has still found time to personally send the planet’s biggest clubs into utter gleeful meltdown. DJing remains a real passion of his, a way to stay connected with clubbers and their ever-changing tastes.

"I try to keep a balance," he says. "I make sure that I get enough time in the studio, so that when I DJ I have new tracks to play. That keeps me excited. I want to play those tracks and test them out, to see if they work in a club. That helps me to keep my edge."

"I'm the sort of person who never lets their guard slip: I always want to do the best possible job. And if I ever do feel like slacking off, I just remind myself: Listen man, you have the best job in the fucking world! I should be laughing and having fun the whole time I’m DJing! I do try to keep in mind how lucky I am."

All those delayed flights, mislaid bags, early-morning taxis and late-night hotel check-ins have paid off: in 2009, Axwell whooshed up six places on DJ magazine’s esteemed annual Top 100 DJs survey, with his legion of fans voting him in at #14. His rise through the rankings can probably be part-explained by the Swedish House Mafia’s acclaimed and enormously popular run at Pacha, Ibiza, throughout summer 2009. Every Monday night found Axwell, Steve Angello and Sebastian Ingrosso paying to packed dancefloors and ecstatic reactions.

"Swedish House Mafia," explains Axwell, "is kind of a bonus thing on top of our individual solo careers. It’s the 'extra everything' on a hamburger. I guess we might get together and do another season at Pacha, out in Ibiza, plus maybe some more shows in the style of the ones we did at Brixton Academy in November last year. They were so much fun – one of the high points of the year for me."

Whatever direction the music takes Axwell in next, you can be sure that he'll be closely followed by admirers and imitators alike. "During the past 15 years," says sometime Axwell-collaborator Bob Sinclair, "there are only a few guys who have really influenced the dance-music scene with their sound and the way that they produce. Axwell is one of them." :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
daherbst
Administrator
DJ Gear: all about Pioneer

Post daherbst28 Aug 2010, 18:24

I guess we won't see an album befor "until then"...
e=shm²
Axcellent!
VocalHouse
Axwell lover
DJ Gear: Pioneer!

Post VocalHouse28 Aug 2010, 22:00

This News is not new! or Any Update. That is his BIO from Beatport & Was published after WMC before the release of Teenage Crime.

I believe Ax was originally planning to finish the album for summer 2010, but due to the SHM collaborations & Axtone label work pushed it back. Give it one more winter season and hopefully Axwell will release this album next spring!