Axwell Album

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio

Post Vinelli12 Sep 2011, 23:34

Latest post of the previous page:

Been a long time since I've logged in, but I just need this off my chest:

First up, about the SHM thing being commercial...Well I think they are. I honestly believe it's an project with the mission to dominate the charts and festivals. Nothing wrong with that, since individually they are still keeping it to their house roots. And no one with even the slightest interest in house can deny that "One" and "Miami2Ibiza" where absolute anthems.

Now, Axwell is where he is today, because he's taking dedicated care of his productions untill they feel 100 % right to him. His release rate maybe one of the lowest in the business, but he's certainly working his ass off to make an impact each and every time he brings a new production to the surface. The SHM stuff is obviously a time killer, but he has always been working with Angello and Ingrosso. Now, instead of doing a collab here and then, the three are actually less occupied by doing their collabs in one go. I understand that the SHM giggs and interviews/photo-shoots and what not, are also in the SHM package, but it isn't like Axwell is having that much less time than he used to have. The fact that his production activity, indivualy isn't at an alltime high must be considered as a good thing. I respect Axwell for taking so much care and love into his work. No offence, but would you rather have Ax fire out a track a week like Swanky Tunes. Hell no! Every Axwell track since 2006 has made an huge impact on me, because he takes his time.

I know a lot of you think the same way.
Last edited by Vinelli on 14 Sep 2011, 14:57, edited 1 time in total.
daherbst
Administrator
DJ Gear: all about Pioneer

Post daherbst14 Sep 2011, 12:29

I agree - there is just one thing to add:

I would not judge the duration of an Axwell production - there are so many good track out there which are produced in far less time...
So, for me, the fact that Axwell really needs time for his tracks are neither good nore bad - that's just the way it is.

I even would say there is no "commercial" music at all - let me quote Oliver S: "we have 2 categories: we have that good shit, and we have that other shit!" :D

As long as someone talks about commercial music he has not understand Housemusic yet! ;)

... once again just mho
e=shm²
Axcellent!
Didas
I worship Axwell

Post Didas21 Sep 2011, 11:49

VocalHouse wrote:I don't understand why most people on here are so "disappointed and surprised with this"

Since they collaborated as SHM with EMI, they have obligations to fulfill and deadlines to meet. Other things such as their own individual singles are second best now to SHM.

Unless Axwell steps away from SHM work, he will not have any of his single work fully completed in the manner he wants it to be.

I hope SHM makes their album (which should take faster amount of time because they have 3 people not just 1) Release it, then go back to their individual careers. I find that having them together is a double-edged sword. They are growing the EDM scene worldwide, but at the same time you miss out on their individual creative work.

Regardless of what happens, I'll still come here from time to time, find the axwell bootlegs he plays during his sets, and hope to see any news about his solo career. I have really not followed up on SHM since I can just type their name on Google once a month and get their news.

Personally there isn't much excitement from SHM compare to their individual solo careers. I find SHM to predictable and the hype isn't there anymore because back then it was unusual to see them doing things together and it was not the norm. Now its the norm and nothing special. I find their individual careers more special and exciting to see what they are going to do next. (The unpredictability factor)
This!

Btw I want more previews from Think About It, WMC 08, Inside Of Me, Center of the Universe
"When I'm making music I try to create something that is different... something that makes my ears happy.."
ruben
I worship Axwell

Post ruben22 Sep 2011, 08:42

previews? fucking releases you mean!!
Didas
I worship Axwell

Post Didas22 Sep 2011, 16:15

:lol: :D
Wait for the perfect timing... Now its electrobigroomdubdrumbass timing..
"When I'm making music I try to create something that is different... something that makes my ears happy.."
Charles
Axwell digger

Post Charles03 Oct 2011, 21:55

ruben wrote:previews? fucking releases you mean!!
+1

Let's be patient...
Didas
I worship Axwell

Post Didas05 Oct 2011, 18:40

Anyway the boys (all of them) one thing is for sure...they're all always promoting and well the tracks from others djs... thats nice, but I'd love to see one day a SHM gig only with their productions, as SHM or Ax', Steve and Seb... like Daft Punk..
Ax promotes: Thomas Gold, Hook'n'Sling, Pauls Paris, TV Rock, Dirty South, Arty , etc
Seb : Alesso, Style of Eye,etc
Steve: AN21, Max Vangeli, Tim Mason, Third Party, DJ DLG

Others: Swanky Tunes, Avicii, Alex Metric, Tommy Trash, Hard Rock Sofa, Deniz Koyu
ruben
I worship Axwell

Post ruben05 Oct 2011, 20:41

Thomas gold has gigs and releases on Size aswell ;)

One thing I would love to see is a collab between Axwell and Arty, how massive would that sound!
Didas
I worship Axwell

Post Didas14 Oct 2011, 13:14

So lets see the unreleases of Axwell...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0TnFQzpNlw
Axwell & Dirty South - Signs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JULns07db-4
Axwell & Ben Duffy (from Fenech Soler) without preview still

TV Rock feat. Rudy - Been A Long Time (Axwell Unreleased Mix)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbMDBq7V70w
Any more?
Dschu
I worship Axwell

Post Dschu14 Oct 2011, 14:46

Need to add:

Axwell - Center Of The Universe ( feat. Magnus Carlson)
Axwell - Inside Of Me (feat. Brian Tappert)
Axwell - Think About It (feat. Richard Archer)
Didas
I worship Axwell

Post Didas14 Oct 2011, 15:24

Dschu wrote:Need to add:

Axwell - Center Of The Universe ( feat. Magnus Carlson)
Axwell - Inside Of Me (feat. Brian Tappert)
Axwell - Think About It (feat. Richard Archer)
Check the video of the unreleased tracks.
anyway from those 3 I cant define which is my favorite...maybe think about it