Axwell Album

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
DCBull
I worship Axwell

Post DCBull28 Oct 2011, 13:31

Latest post of the previous page:

olivierM wrote:For me it can be in 2012. He was very quiet this year in terms of singles because he want to release an album really soon. As he said 1 year ago he has all the tracks !
But he's a perfectionist like Eric Prydz. I think that's the reason, why both of them never released an album: They just can't finish it. :(
olivierM
I worship Axwell

Post olivierM28 Oct 2011, 13:39

Yes but Eric released a lot of stuff this year at least...
Didas
I worship Axwell

Post Didas28 Oct 2011, 14:03

If Axwell wants to step up, to reach the next level, to a place where all the greatest are, he has to launch 'THE' Album, the anthems, the tracks to be followed, the real house feelings he only knows, the perfect vocals in the tracks.. He has to be a reference in the scene by his solo work...
"When I'm making music I try to create something that is different... something that makes my ears happy.."
DCBull
I worship Axwell

Post DCBull28 Oct 2011, 14:31

Didas wrote:If Axwell wants to step up, to reach the next level, to a place where all the greatest are, he has to launch 'THE' Album, the anthems, the tracks to be followed, the real house feelings he only knows, the perfect vocals in the tracks.. He has to be a reference in the scene by his solo work...
I totally agree with you. Kaskade's album for example is boring and just nothing special. It's commercial EDM and I can't remember maybe three tracks after listening to it.
roule3000
I worship Axwell
Send private message http://soundcloud.com/juliencmusic
DJ Gear: Apple Logic Pro 9
Ableton Live 8
Apple Macbook Pro 15"
Numark Omnicontrol
KRK RP 6 G2
Roland Quad Capture
M-Audio Axiom Air Mini 32

Post roule300028 Oct 2011, 15:54

Personally I think to release THE album, he have to be more famous with HIS track and EP, not with the SHM. If the "axwell album" is out, if ax is not known by all, the album will not sale very well... Axwell is more famous, ok, but he have to release tracks or have a solo activity to prepare his album release. Not only with SHM.

I think he don't want to release the album now, it's not a great period to release an album i think, Laidback Luke said it too. I think he wait the right moment to release it. I don't think wa have the album soon. May be 2012 - 2013. The thing i'm sure, is it was not in his plants to release the album so late. For me he want to release it for a long time, but it's not the moment (in a point of view commercial). But some news about it and EP would be welcome :)

So it's sure the album will be released, and the album will kill ! It's Axwell, he's a god a of house, the album will be a bomb, the album of the year when he will be released ;).

PS: Sorry for my English men...
ruben
I worship Axwell

Post ruben28 Oct 2011, 18:13

totally agree with Roule3000. I don't see the point in releasing albums anyway. He just have to deliver proper tracks! Album is ment for commercial goals, and we don't want Ax to sell out even more, do we?
Mickael
I worship Axwell

Post Mickael28 Oct 2011, 23:36

An album isnt necessary commercial... but yeah, like for Eric Prydz, i dont believe in an album anymore, so if he could release some new EP, it would good enough for me... an EP with WMC 08 ID and Center Of Universe would be awesomeness at its best ! yeah yeah dream on Mickael !!
olivierM
I worship Axwell

Post olivierM30 Oct 2011, 16:31

For me an album, that's just a great project for an artist. it's not commercial. That's more difficult than a classic EP. You need to deliver 10+ tracks at the same time with a lot of consistency in it.
Axwell doesn't really need to prove if he can do an album but i think it'll show that his inspiration is always here.
I really think he's working on it and it'll be the best House Album off all time for me :)

But roule, i don't agree with you in a point. I think he cannot wait with some tracks done because i don't think a 2007 track will really fit with the house trend in 2012. I think i won't release the WMC ID 08 as we know it but a "remode" version.

Anyway you know my dream ? An album with 2 CDs : 1- Classic Mixes 2- Remode Mixes !!!
Didas
I worship Axwell

Post Didas30 Oct 2011, 17:11

olivierM wrote:For me an album, that's just a great project for an artist. it's not commercial. That's more difficult than a classic EP. You need to deliver 10+ tracks at the same time with a lot of consistency in it.
Axwell doesn't really need to prove if he can do an album but i think it'll show that his inspiration is always here.
I really think he's working on it and it'll be the best House Album off all time for me :)

But roule, i don't agree with you in a point. I think he cannot wait with some tracks done because i don't think a 2007 track will really fit with the house trend in 2012. I think i won't release the WMC ID 08 as we know it but a "remode" version.

Anyway you know my dream ? An album with 2 CDs : 1- Classic Mixes 2- Remode Mixes !!!
It will be the first album of a dj Ill buy, for sure! I want the classic, unreleased, remodes, I want everything, 2 cd's?even better... 2011 its not the time to release a pure house album. maybe next year, early 2013 who knows... One thing I know, he's our idol in the scene;)
"When I'm making music I try to create something that is different... something that makes my ears happy.."
Didas
I worship Axwell

Post Didas03 Nov 2011, 12:22

olivierM
I worship Axwell

Post olivierM03 Nov 2011, 12:43

Today ? ummm, everyday i'm listening to those masterpieces !