RESULT OF Top 100 DJ MAG 2009

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
daherbst
Administrator
DJ Gear: all about Pioneer

Post daherbst28 Oct 2009, 15:25

Latest post of the previous page:

Guetta will win the as .... well.... I actually don't know who or what he is!
For me def not a House DJ - maybe an Electro-Pop-Artist...

BTW: although I wish Axwell the best, I don't really care about the result...
e=shm²
Axcellent!
daherbst
Administrator

Post daherbst29 Oct 2009, 10:56

Finally I'm a bit disappointed - this year belongs def the SHM - everyone who follows House Music knows that - I expected a place among the top ten...
e=shm²
Axcellent!
marko
I worship Axwell

Post marko29 Oct 2009, 11:35

Congrats to AXWELL!!!! We love you. I hope that you are satisfied with results Ax. :D :D :D :D

So bad Guetta with shity electro-house pop hits is 3rd. :?: :?: :twisted: :twisted:
husajfa
I worship Axwell

Post husajfa29 Oct 2009, 17:32

he's 3rd because he f***'d the DJ Mag staff
daherbst
Administrator

Post daherbst30 Oct 2009, 15:03

:lol:

very, yery bad...

pls mind your language guys... it's all about Axwell ;)
e=shm²
Axcellent!
LHM-181
Axwell digger
DJ Gear: love, windows 7

Post LHM-18130 Oct 2009, 18:14

well guettas label is

me F*** to get famous or?

hehe (bad joke)
ANDREA
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Nothing :'(

Post ANDREA30 Oct 2009, 18:17

LHM-181 wrote:well guettas label is

me F*** to get famous or?

hehe (bad joke)
ahahahahah :twisted:
I AM A BOY!!!

I've Got Nothing But Love For You!
daherbst
Administrator

Post daherbst30 Oct 2009, 19:09

:lol: :twisted:
e=shm²
Axcellent!
marko
I worship Axwell

Post marko31 Oct 2009, 15:35

next year i expect at least Ax for prime minister of Sweden and Kosak will be counselor... and good old Guetta can buy broom and clean clubs after party's...he will be probably at first place. ;)
papaduflot
Axwell lover

Post papaduflot01 Nov 2009, 00:01

i think that you're a bit too harsh for guetta. it's true that he's not the best dj (well, at least not 3rd in the world) and doesn't make fantastic tracks (although it's still a matter of taste) he does something else. guetta is like a first step into electronic music for people who doesn't have any idea about it. he is spreading it all over. look what've happend on his last album. akon, will.i.am, estelle, kid cudi, chris brown, kelly rowland, ne-yo (but also pharrell working with angello & ingrosso, diddy with felix da housecat and dj hell, john legend with mstrkrft, will.i.am with fedde le grand) - thanks to such collaborations tons and tons of people who listen to pop or r'n'b and doesn't have any idea who guetta even is will get interested in house. yeah, sure, it is commercial electro house but when they'll pass this first step they will start to look for onther genres, listen more and more and finally get more demanding. of course, there will by many who will only stay on the first level but if there are 10 or maybe even 1 from 100 who will get hooked then guetta has done his job.
vaz
Axwell digger
DJ Gear: Axwell's shit

Post vaz01 Nov 2009, 19:13

My opinion...

Guetta is a hell of a producer. So many great tracks, so many cooperation with other artists, so much hard work... The point is, I don't think Guetta is pure house, he leans to the pop side a lot, although some of his tracks are really deep and let's say "underground". I personally never liked him THAT much, I don't even like the way he looks behind the decks, with that stupid smile, I don't know, I just don't like that.

Just like Bob Sinclair, I've seen some comments here on the forum... People say he's cheesy. He's not, he's just more POP than HOUSE, that's it... To make a multimillion times sold track is not a cheesy thing to do, it's talent and hard work. I don't like him that much either, but I'd never say he's a bad producer.

And Axwell? Oh, man... Now he's got some SERIOUS vibe. Pure house with a pinch of everything else, just to keep it different every time. Brilliant DJ sets also: by the look of every gig he does, anybody can say: "Man, now THIS guy got here REALLY prepared!". He's really INTO what he plays, and that is soooo good to see when you're out there on a party with your friends. It's like having a flawless waiter at a good restaurant. Full service all the way. That's why we like him.

And regarding the results of Top100, just look at it this way. The most sold and most drinked beer is always an affordable one, with ok taste, but other than that - nothing special. People buy it because it is cheap, available and simply because they just don't know what a good beer should taste like. Ax is the best, but not all people have the capacity to understand the best.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers