RESULT OF Top 100 DJ MAG 2009

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
vaz
Axwell digger
DJ Gear: Axwell's shit

Post vaz01 Nov 2009, 19:13

Latest post of the previous page:

My opinion...

Guetta is a hell of a producer. So many great tracks, so many cooperation with other artists, so much hard work... The point is, I don't think Guetta is pure house, he leans to the pop side a lot, although some of his tracks are really deep and let's say "underground". I personally never liked him THAT much, I don't even like the way he looks behind the decks, with that stupid smile, I don't know, I just don't like that.

Just like Bob Sinclair, I've seen some comments here on the forum... People say he's cheesy. He's not, he's just more POP than HOUSE, that's it... To make a multimillion times sold track is not a cheesy thing to do, it's talent and hard work. I don't like him that much either, but I'd never say he's a bad producer.

And Axwell? Oh, man... Now he's got some SERIOUS vibe. Pure house with a pinch of everything else, just to keep it different every time. Brilliant DJ sets also: by the look of every gig he does, anybody can say: "Man, now THIS guy got here REALLY prepared!". He's really INTO what he plays, and that is soooo good to see when you're out there on a party with your friends. It's like having a flawless waiter at a good restaurant. Full service all the way. That's why we like him.

And regarding the results of Top100, just look at it this way. The most sold and most drinked beer is always an affordable one, with ok taste, but other than that - nothing special. People buy it because it is cheap, available and simply because they just don't know what a good beer should taste like. Ax is the best, but not all people have the capacity to understand the best.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Cheers
Kosi
I worship Axwell

Post Kosi02 Nov 2009, 08:05

Well, the reason why Guetta is cooperating with so many other artists is pretty obvious. He cannot produce on his own. Dirty South said once that he only wrote the lyrics of How Soon Is Now for example. Guetta is the "face" of this music, but the man behind is Joachim Garraud, who made all the hits like Love Is Gone and so on. We had here in this forum an article about this issue, where Tocadisco (!) compared Guetta with Milli Vanilli...
His dj-ing skills are okay, nothing special but okay
vaz
Axwell digger
DJ Gear: Axwell's shit

Post vaz02 Nov 2009, 11:13

Well, I didn't know about the background story. Wow, so many facts hidden behind...

Ragarding his DJ skills, I totally agree. Average Joe.
axwellanalpentrat0r
Axwell fan
DJ Gear: traktor

Post axwellanalpentrat0r04 Nov 2009, 16:57

Considering that David Guetta is the man behind the music and Swedish House Mafia is just the "face", i think your comment is more than incompetent and shows your lack of knowledge in terms of house music. Guetta actually deserves to be No.1 in the Dj ranking. He's a way better producer than Axwell anyways. Think about it! Guetta got lots of well known artists on his side, like Akon or the Black Eyed Peas, just to name a few. As you all know, the more popular the people you work with, the better the music. Unlike David Guetta, Axwell's productions reflect his commercial interests. The times when Axwell was all about music are long gone. Nowadays, the artist Axwell is just a media product.

Axwell < Guetta, sry guys!

Love, your pentrat0r
daherbst
Administrator
DJ Gear: all about Pioneer

Post daherbst04 Nov 2009, 17:20

Due to you post, you get a laught,
Due to your name, you get a ban!

Farewell
e=shm²
Axcellent!
ANDREA
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Nothing :'(

Post ANDREA04 Nov 2009, 18:15

daherbst wrote:Due to you post, you get a laught,
Due to your name, you get a ban!

Farewell
:lol: nothing else to say! bannate questo demente.
I've said it in italian. :mrgreen:
I AM A BOY!!!

I've Got Nothing But Love For You!
Byron
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: (Pioneer)2-1000mk3's 1-cdj400,DJM 800
HDJ1000

Post Byron04 Nov 2009, 19:23

axwellanalpentrat0r wrote:Considering that David Guetta is the man behind the music and Swedish House Mafia is just the "face", i think your comment is more than incompetent and shows your lack of knowledge in terms of house music. Guetta actually deserves to be No.1 in the Dj ranking. He's a way better producer than Axwell anyways. Think about it! Guetta got lots of well known artists on his side, like Akon or the Black Eyed Peas, just to name a few. As you all know, the more popular the people you work with, the better the music. Unlike David Guetta, Axwell's productions reflect his commercial interests. The times when Axwell was all about music are long gone. Nowadays, the artist Axwell is just a media product.

Axwell < Guetta, sry guys!

Love, your pentrat0r
Your a F****IN Idiot....BAN BAN BAN :twisted: :twisted:
Guetta is just a face,obviously you have no clue about music my friend!!
Ever hear of a guy called joachim garraud??Well he's the music and Guetta's the Face,Guetta's all an image,everyone i know agrees with me on that!!
What you actually listen to s**t called 'SEXY BITCH'??? :lol: :lol:
In your statement youve actually described Guetta exactly but used it to describe Axwell??
Axwell is creating a new sound for House music,he stays true to himself and dosnt sell out by geting big names and making S**t music for the main stream!!

One word to describe you is 'Delusional'
Pieschi
DJ Gear: CDJ2000 - DJM900 - S-DJ05 - HD25

Post Pieschi04 Nov 2009, 19:45

hahaha WTF!!!
ANDREA
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Nothing :'(

Post ANDREA04 Nov 2009, 19:47

Don't forget Fred Rister or Tocadisco...
Guetta put only his stupid face. :evil:
I AM A BOY!!!

I've Got Nothing But Love For You!
Byron
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: (Pioneer)2-1000mk3's 1-cdj400,DJM 800
HDJ1000

Post Byron04 Nov 2009, 20:04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kek9iB3bKog
Dont even have to comment on this :lol: :lol:
vaz
Axwell digger