David Guetta - Everytime We touch (axwell remix)

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
paulanthony
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Pioneer

Post paulanthony15 Jun 2008, 19:13

Latest post of the previous page:

@ da:herbst: "small french djs"... LOL :twisted:
daherbst
Administrator
DJ Gear: all about Pioneer

Post daherbst15 Jun 2008, 21:37

Me?

Haven't said anything... :roll:
e=shm²
Axcellent!
Dirty Sanchez
I worship Axwell

Post Dirty Sanchez06 Jul 2008, 11:45

Anyone reli knows what happened here? That whole 'You lose' controversy is intriguing :O
Halcyon
I worship Axwell

Post Halcyon06 Jul 2008, 15:32

Dirty Sanchez wrote:Anyone reli knows what happened here? That whole 'You lose' controversy is intriguing :O
Ax did a remix of Everytime We Touch last summer (which was excellent, it was the instrumental of WWW and the great vocal of Chris Willis. I say "excellent" even if I've just heard it on the video, which is about 47 seconds long :D ).

And because of their big heads, their jealousy and beacause they are tasteless, according to Garraud (call him Jojo Gaga, it's funny) the remix "didn't make it". But everybody know that in fact the Axwell remix would have become better than the original one (and not just because it's Axwell; every remix of Guetta and Garraud by someone else is always better than the original :D ) and David or Jojo saying "Axwell is better than us" is something impossible to imagine.

So they gave up the project, and I still say that it was a very bad idea from them; because I love the vocal, it's one of the good point of Guetta, always good vocals and vocalists (Tara McDonald = excellent; JD Davis = incredible; Chris Willis = just perfect). And a great vocal associated with Axwell can give the best hit in the universe (Feel The Vibe).

So Ax promised us that one day he will release the remix, without the vocal of course, and it was the beginning of the "You Lose" project, "You Lose" reminds to Guetta (and the french football team at the Euro 2008 too :D ).

And this day has come, with a collaboration with Bob Sinclar, one of the "rival" of Guetta in France.
Dirty Sanchez
I worship Axwell

Post Dirty Sanchez06 Jul 2008, 17:28

I thought that maybe they scrapped it cos this hasn't been released as a single... And is Sinclar also in bad terms with Guetta? Where does that leave poor Martin Solveig, who's friends with both? Gossip, gossip, gossip :P
Petter
Administrator
DJ Gear: 3x CDJ-1000
1x DJM-800
1x MacBook Pro

Post Petter06 Jul 2008, 18:15

yeah, i knew this story... I guess I would have done the same if I were in guettas shoes. But it sucks for us axwell fans though :cry:
sounds to me that martin solveig has to be the peace maker :lol:
I Image House Music
Halcyon
I worship Axwell

Post Halcyon06 Jul 2008, 20:44

Solveig is by far better than Guetta in the way to do things and choose who will be remixing his tracks. I think he is less interested by the success than Guetta & Garraud, and that's why he is more on the music, not trying to do the hit but trying to touch his fans and the newbies of house music. In this way he succeeds. He didn't hesitate to ask Fedde Le Grand or Dahlbäck remixes for "C'est La Vie", I think he don't care if it will be better than his original.
That's how I saw things anyway. :)
Dirty Sanchez
I worship Axwell

Post Dirty Sanchez06 Jul 2008, 23:32

Solveig's a very talented guy, I'm seeing him live in some weeks, maybe I talk to him and ask about peace-making lol When I see him maybe I feel like punching him cos with all the abuse he takes in his videos, it would just feel right :P Just kidding...

I've just read that Bob Sinclar was offered to be one of the DJs at Cathy Guetta's 'Unighted' party (took place last night) and Bob turned it down... So maybe it's true there's some bad blood between those too.

This thread's funny :P
daherbst
Administrator
DJ Gear: all about Pioneer

Post daherbst07 Jul 2008, 07:11

Maybe funny - but useless!

I really love WWW and I don't care what anyone else does or think...

And we shouldn't execrate Guetta as long as we don't really know what's going on...
In a way I hope the whole story isn't true...for him! :twisted:
e=shm²
Axcellent!
Dirty Sanchez
I worship Axwell

Post Dirty Sanchez09 Jul 2008, 10:10

Solveig's just released Remixes for 'I want you' on Beatport, I'm getting them.... Laidback Luke and Tocadisco did the work.
atomic kirko
Axwell fan

Post atomic kirko13 Jul 2008, 15:47

Hey Man I also love this mix from Axwell. I think that Guetta is nothing. His tracks have just a good vocal (Chris Willis, Tara McDonald) and a "little" help from Joachim Garraud. He is nothing without his crew. Axwell is one of the best in the world because he can make the track beautiful without a good vocal. That is the point