Axwell - Center of The Universe

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
Squid
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: One day it will be pioneer

Post Squid10 May 2013, 21:40

Latest post of the previous page:

:( I didn't wake up early enough to listen to the premier but oh my goodness! What a way to start the day :o
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio

Post Vinelli10 May 2013, 21:46

so after this, I guess we can start waiting for think about it :D its good to be an axwell fan
John_Cove
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: 2 XDJ 700 & 1 DJM 350

Post John_Cove10 May 2013, 21:50

I actually don't get it, so this clip is the original mix?

The Remode Mix is nowhere as awesome as the one in this vid:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28ZI3oxx ... WJ-2wGHRZw[/youtube]
Listen to my mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/martymcflymusic
House5
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

Post House510 May 2013, 21:53

This video features the original ;)

This remode... OMFG, love this ! But sad we didn't have a longer 2nd breakdown with the awesome guitar, I'm sure it could've been amazing, but anyway :D
I'll buy this EP as soon as it's released ! At the second, like NBL... I love to be an Axwell fan, so much emotions :cry:
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...
John_Cove
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: 2 XDJ 700 & 1 DJM 350

Post John_Cove10 May 2013, 21:57

Ok, I really really hope the original will be released aswell! :cry:
Listen to my mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/martymcflymusic
olivierM
I worship Axwell

Post olivierM10 May 2013, 21:58

I can feel the Let It Go remix vibe with the melody of Hometown Glory and Open Your Heart in it. It's unreal. Remode is twice better than the original for me.
trebleandsonido
I worship Axwell
Send private message http://soundcloud.com/trebleandsonido QuintenVP trebleandsonido

Post trebleandsonido10 May 2013, 22:12

Okay to clear things up about this sidechain issue going on:

Sidechaining is the basic fact of controlling a device its on/off switch with an external (= not the one going directly into the device, but via an insert channel, the sidechain) audio/signal source.

It got introduced by Daft Punk, using their Alesis 3630 compressor. It is by far solely an effect you could use by using a compressor! Every device with a dedicated sidechain insert is able to execute sidechaining. E.g. gate, comp, deesser, ...

So the device only operates when it is triggerd by the signal fed in to the sidechain input.

When used on a compressor it introduces that infamous 'ducking' or 'pumping' sound when the ratio, threshold, attack, release and knee settings are set properly on the compressor.
Mostly the signal, in house music, is the 4/4 kick drum which is often doubled, 1 being the actual kick in the track and the other one being the sidechain kick which doesn't have an output routed to ir or is send out to a bus with no output as well. (you can also use a different kick from the one in the track, or something else like a hi hat, percussion sound, loop, ... it all depens on which trigger you want to use for your device to react to. I'm not going into depth here because it's not even worth it tbh)

Nowadays and 'back in the days' sidechain COMPRESSION is used to give a bouncing vibe to a track, instrument,... But it also is used to give space in the mix. It helps make room for the kick and other elements playing alongside the kickdrum. So when added to for example a bassline, you add a compressor on the bassline track and set the sidechain input to the sidechain kick track. Now the bassline track will only trigger its comp when that kick is playing. When you've set you controls the sound will duck when kick plays and both sounds will 'breath' a little better when playing at the same time. So it is used as mixing tool but firstly as a groove tool.

But sidechaining isn't necesarry at all for making something groovy or getting a tight mix between your kick, bass and other elements in your track. It is solely just a tool alongside the other ones in your toolbox to get the job done! Before there was sidechain compression you had to scuplture out all the frequency areas where the sounds had to sit in when they clashed with eachother (nowadays you still have to). You mainly use an eq for this and look for root freqs in your kick, bass and other elements and accordingly cut/boost/maintain the freqs in other elements. For example you want to stop clashing your kick and bass you find your kick its root freq, let's say 45 Hz, then you cut this freq in your bassline alongside with a lowcut up to 20,25 Hz or so... Then you go up to the first harmonic 90Hz and do the same or the opposite it all depends... By doing this you start to carve out space for both sounds but you don't lose the freqs in the mix.

Now the debate, because sidechaining has become so immensely popular and even the most basic producer uses it or atleast thinks he/she knows how to use it, it has some pro ppl and con ppl... Some ppl like to stay away from sidechain compression and like to do things in another way (it is basically nothing more than an automated volume knob) and someone else doesn't it all depends on who's the producer.

I personally like to use sidechain compression on sounds (basslines, synths, percussion, hi hats,...) and espcially multiband sidechain compression on the low end.

And yes it is used extensively on COTU and I don't give a single damn actually! :)

(Sorry for posting this post here though)
Last edited by trebleandsonido on 10 May 2013, 22:22, edited 4 times in total.
If it sounds good, it is good.
DavidB
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Traktor Kontrol S4/ MB Pro/ Sennheiser HD 25 Pro

Post DavidB10 May 2013, 22:14

My guess is NO_ID or Dubvision on the remix duties !
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio

Post Vinelli10 May 2013, 22:16

DavidB wrote:My guess is NO_ID or Dubvision on the remix duties !
Was thinking no_id as well
ruben
I worship Axwell

Post ruben10 May 2013, 22:17

trebleandsonido
I worship Axwell
Send private message http://soundcloud.com/trebleandsonido QuintenVP trebleandsonido

Post trebleandsonido10 May 2013, 22:20

ruben wrote:Image
lol
If it sounds good, it is good.