Axwell - Center of The Universe

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
AdamB
True fan

Post AdamB08 Jun 2013, 20:22

Latest post of the previous page:

Rober wrote:I refuse to believe that this is the real original mix, it's just not special enough and to me to preview sounds better. Remember when Wakanda was released early so then Axtone pushed forward the release so that the leak didn't spread around too much, why wouldn't they do that here with a track that have been waiting for for years. I'm still holding out till Monday!
i thought iTunes released it early as a mistake so they brought the whole release forward?
darkzavage
True fan

Post darkzavage08 Jun 2013, 23:53

Rober wrote:I refuse to believe that this is the real original mix, it's just not special enough and to me to preview sounds better. Remember when Wakanda was released early so then Axtone pushed forward the release so that the leak didn't spread around too much, why wouldn't they do that here with a track that have been waiting for for years. I'm still holding out till Monday!
well... i think its more than likely real but there are some weird things that are very un axwell-ish in the track... the 45 second intro, only 4 bars of chords/hook before the vocals come in (usually always 8 bars or 16)... just seems a bit weird, but as i say, im fairly certain its real! :)

i will still prefer to listen to the RIP version... with the crashes in the drop! and without that weird melody/chord change on the 8th bar
lachy980
Axwell digger

Post lachy98009 Jun 2013, 09:47

Along with all of you, I have been waiting a long time for this one. and its great to finally have it, also I think the remode is great.

.. but what Ax's has done with the extended mix seems lazy and rushed.
Just throwing a 45second intro and a minute long Outro onto the radio edit, that's rubbish. A 5.15 extended edit, your kidding. Why not give us an 8 min version, and extend the middle part as well, just as Daft Punk did with Get lucky (album version). I'm hoping Ax does what he did with NBLFY and releases a number of different versions and maybe even a remix alongside an up and coming Axtone artist.

Furthermore I suggest we all get plenty of enjoyment out of this tune, before every radio station on the planet picks it up and starts playing it 60 times a day. I fear this song is going to get flogged to death on commercial radio and eventually I won't be able to enjoy it. I've lost track of how many songs that have become almost unlistenable because of being overplayed everywhere you go. (Get Lucky, In my mind, Calling, Reload, Levels, etc).
levin
Axwell lover
DJ Gear: Traktor S4, F1

Post levin09 Jun 2013, 15:31

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-krlD5En9Xk
Why does this sound so much better than what Tong played? Why would Ax make it worse just before release?

Especially the first drop in the version Tong played have a weak, irritating synth instead of the nice one in the interactive video. WHY?
alexander.
Axwell lover

Post alexander.10 Jun 2013, 07:13

Here we go:

https://itunes.apple.com/au/album/cente ... d655002297

The leaked version seems to be the "official" original extended mix. Look at the lenght on the EP release - it's the same like leaked file :(
http://soundcloud.com/alexander-official
House5
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

Post House510 Jun 2013, 09:30

"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...
camheine
I worship Axwell

Post camheine10 Jun 2013, 09:52

That sounds a bit better, a little less all over the place than before, still, the eq'ing still sounds a little weird an unaxish
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music."
pow
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: None

Post pow10 Jun 2013, 12:11

camheine wrote:
That sounds a bit better, a little less all over the place than before, still, the eq'ing still sounds a little weird an unaxish
liked the "classic" version as well :P and i really hope it is getting a release.. although I have my doubts now. Can't wait to see how the track will do on mainstream.. feels like vocal stuff atm isn't very well received.
camheine
I worship Axwell

Post camheine10 Jun 2013, 12:11

pow wrote:
camheine wrote:
liked the "classic" version as well :P and i really hope it is getting a release.. although I have my doubts now. Can't wait to see how the track will do on mainstream.. feels like vocal stuff atm isn't very well received.
what do you mean?
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music."
pow
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: None

Post pow10 Jun 2013, 12:15

which part ? :P
camheine
I worship Axwell

Post camheine10 Jun 2013, 12:36

pow wrote:which part ? :P
what do you mean "vocal stuff wasnt well recieved?"