Axwell - Center of The Universe

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
alexander.
Axwell lover

Post alexander.10 Jun 2013, 17:42

Latest post of the previous page:

So...i listened to the "leaked version" and the "radio edit (beatport)"
For me...they are sounding 100% similiar :( there is one difference...the second drop in the leaked version is longer than the second drop of the radio edit.

i am confused and sad, that i got the proof that somebody make the extended version leaked :cry:
http://soundcloud.com/alexander-official
FlavioPereira
True fan

Post FlavioPereira10 Jun 2013, 17:54

For me this release was a big disappointment, i expected more than this.
4 years, for make an extended mix like this, and there's no a classic mix is a bit sad for me.
I liked more the rip versions than this one, because this new version sounds a bit empty, and the all vibe disappeared a bit.
Yeah finally we get the COTU, but i expected more like a NBL release (with many good versions of the song), than an full of commercial promotion release for WTP.
I liked the remode too, but i feel like we need more, than just a remode, because we waited so many years for this, and now we get a release like this.
It's just my opinion
House5 Online
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

Post House5 Online10 Jun 2013, 18:00

FlavioPereira wrote:For me this release was a big disappointment, i expected more than this.
4 years, for make an extended mix like this, and there's no a classic mix is a bit sad for me.
I liked more the rip versions than this one, because this new version sounds a bit empty, and the all vibe disappeared a bit.
Yeah finally we get the COTU, but i expected more like a NBL release (with many good versions of the song), than an full of commercial promotion release for WTP.
I liked the remode too, but i feel like we need more, than just a remode, because we waited so many years for this, and now we get a release like this.
It's just my opinion
I agree with you, but thank god we have a Remode ! Or this would have been a complete disappointement. Let's hope we'll get a "Part 2" like NBL :)
But I'm still happy that we can get our hands on it :)
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...
hedz
I worship Axwell
Send private message helderdiniz

Post hedz10 Jun 2013, 18:15

Everything happened because of the way tracks are released these days...
People seem to appreciate more single track releases instead of full EP like "the old times" because of the charts and so Axtone has to follow the wave a bit. Otherwise I'm pretty sure Axwell would deliver us a NBLFY-like pack.
darkzavage
True fan

Post darkzavage10 Jun 2013, 20:55

im a bit dissapointed too! :) im glad we have a remode, but its not the same, we didnt wait 4 years for the remode... the remode is a new track. the original mix has the 4 years of suspense, from when we first heard it, then thinking it may not be released, all the rumours, then it finally gets its release, and it is disappointing...

dont get me wrong, love the remode!
oskar
I worship Axwell

Post oskar10 Jun 2013, 23:47

I can live with the remode, track of the year for sure... didn't felt the original as it is now that hard.
tony_ml
Axwell fan

Post tony_ml11 Jun 2013, 00:38

I'm gonna live with the remode. It's way better and sounds like a complete finished song. I lost my love with the original and I'm disappointed that he changed it. I'm still listenning the rip version.

It's weird but I don't feel the vibe for an Axwell song, it's more suitable with the sound of nowadays. I hope Ax has more in his bag with COTU, remixes and other versions from him.

Remode then for track of the year!
ggssmm
I worship Axwell
Send private message http://soundcloud.com/guilherme-miranda

Post ggssmm11 Jun 2013, 01:39

i'm very dissapointed... i was expecting an original mix (at least) similar to the old track... and he gives us this... It isnt bad, at all! But, unlike In My Mind lyrics, this is not what we were waiting for.

We have the remode, ok. But i'd rather have the 'classic' mix than the remode + original mix.
For me, the original would be the song of the year, of the decade (lol)... so much expectation for almost nothing (compared to the old version). The song lacks energy, power, its structure... everytime i listen to it i feel that something is missing. Sometimes i wonder: Did Axwell know that so many people were waiting years for that song?

Seriously, i'd rather not listen to the original song than listening to it and remeber that he could've done so much better.... honestly, it makes me sad. (emo axwell fan here)

This release of COTU makes me wonder (again) if Think About It sees the sunlight someday, what would Axwell in this song? we have 3 youtube clips and the song is brilliant!

RIP 2009 COTU. You will be forever in our mind and our hearts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnTNO3P0Zr0

Remode FTW
evo21
Axwell digger

Post evo2111 Jun 2013, 06:03

I too am disapointed. I understand why he didn't release these tracks earlier, because he wanted to ride the SHM wave before releasing his best singles, and maybe now he thinks that his old tunes are not up to today's standarts.

Maybe he's worried that the music scene changed so much the last years, that his old style will not work anymore and has to change the songs alot. Of course true fans will always love his old vibe, but he has to think outside the box here, and try to appeal to everyone.

I think the best strategy would be to release this COTU new original, and after 2/3 months release the classic mix for his true fans (and possibly a lot of other people) to enjoy. It probably wouldn't hit the top of the charts, but would be a nice gift for those who have been waiting all this time.

That 2009 really spoiled us and we can't get it out of our heads. I'm still hopefull the Classic Mix will see the light of the day sometime.

I think by now, Axwell knows that the Classic Mix is like the holy grail in this Forum.
RomainG
I worship Axwell
Send private message http://soundcloud.com/RomainG
DJ Gear: Mix
- 2x Pioneer CDJ-900
- 1x Pioneer DJM-900
- 2x Pioneer CDJ-400
- 1x Pioneer DJM-400

Production
- Ableton Live
- Behringer UMX49

Post RomainG11 Jun 2013, 07:32

evo21 wrote:I too am disapointed. I understand why he didn't release these tracks earlier, because he wanted to ride the SHM wave before releasing his best singles, and maybe now he thinks that his old tunes are not up to today's standarts.

Maybe he's worried that the music scene changed so much the last years, that his old style will not work anymore and has to change the songs alot. Of course true fans will always love his old vibe, but he has to think outside the box here, and try to appeal to everyone.

I think the best strategy would be to release this COTU new original, and after 2/3 months release the classic mix for his true fans (and possibly a lot of other people) to enjoy. It probably wouldn't hit the top of the charts, but would be a nice gift for those who have been waiting all this time.

That 2009 really spoiled us and we can't get it out of our heads. I'm still hopefull the Classic Mix will see the light of the day sometime.

I think by now, Axwell knows that the Classic Mix is like the holy grail in this Forum.
Totally agree with you man !

[i][b]Romain G[/b][/i]

[url]http://www.facebook.com/RomainG.Official[/url]
[url]http://twitter.com/RomainGofficial[/url]
[url]http://soundcloud.com/RomainG[/url]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/RomainGOfficial[/url]
DCBull
I worship Axwell

Post DCBull11 Jun 2013, 10:15

I don't get all the criticism, just wait some more weeks for the extended mix and be happy we finally get COTU :)