Pach√° Ibiza @ Rock in Rio: What a party!

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
Dirty Sanchez
I worship Axwell

Post Dirty Sanchez30 Jun 2008, 14:00

Hey everyone... I felt like sharing the amazing weekend I've had...

Friday was just crazy. I flew to Madrid and met with some friends to go to Rock in Rio Festival. The main attractions for the day were not that special (Alanis Morisette, Neil Young, Jack Johnson and spanish singers Manolo Garcia and Loquillo) but Pachá Ibiza was throwing a party at the electronic stage, and that's the reason we went there... We arrived at 20:00 and kept the party going until 7. First off, they had Superlush DJs (DJ Nano and Pachá Madrid resident DJ JP Candela) who were reli good, playing a lot of the biggest anthems of the year so far. They had around 2,000 people dancing from the very first minute, and as the night went by more people kept coming... Great opening act.

Next up, Goldfish Live. All I can say is WOW. I didn't reli know much about these two, a friend of mine who works at Pachá Ibiza management told me they are awesome and have a pretty big cult following, but I reli didn't know what to expect. Their set mixed some great tribal sounds with a lil bit of electro. I could barely ID three or four songs (Robbie Rivera's Remix of 'Cream' by Federico Franchi, a Remix of Milk & Sugar's 'Stay around' and Tocadisco's Remix of Salomé de Bahía's 'Outro lugar'... They closed with 'Summer moon'). They reli were the hidden highlight of the night. Also, they had a guy playing a saxo live, which is always a plus :D

Third act was Sarah Main. Her set could be described as a 'Swedish House Mafia Tribute' cos she dropped several tracks from Axwell, Ingrosso, Angello, Eric Prydz and also Laidback Luke. Great set reli.

Numero cuatro was David Guetta, who was good too. I did expect him to be worse, because of all the critics around the web and the fact that he had three great acts to follow up, but he sure didn't disappoint. He went pretty electro at times, combining it with his biggest anthems ('Just a little more love', 'Love is gone', 'The world is mine'). No Axwell tracks by the way, I always wonder if they are on good terms after the whole 'You lose' thing.

And last but not least, a very intense set by Wally López to close things nearly at 7.

Earlier in the night, we had been backstage courtesy of our backstage passes and met with David Guetta, his wife Cathy and JP Candela. Cathy was the nicest, David could only say hi since he was about to go up on stage, and JP looked a bit drunk but he was fun to chat with.

So overall, as you can imagine, we had a blast. From the SHM goodies, to the club anthems like 'Toca's Miracle' to the incredibly good stuff by GoldFish Live, everything was perfect.

And well, Sunday night was Spain winning the EuroCup and I just woke up from that one a few hours ago... So maybe in another topic :D