What's goin' on with "Centre of the Universe"

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
Glaader
Axwell fan
since 2010
DJ Gear: Denon 2600f

Glaader Send private message Post 03 Jun 2010, 07:30

Everyone knows that a song, in order for it to become a summer anthem, needs to be released latest around mid May the same year.

Now, why hasn't "Centre of the Universe" been released? Probably because it's not intended for this summer, but rather as a first single from the forthcoming album.

I´d say we won't see the release until the end of this year. :cry:
oskaaar
I worship Axwell
since 2009
DJ Gear: Pioneer XDJ-RX

oskaaar Send private message Post 03 Jun 2010, 10:12

If I'm not mistaking, In the Air was released in the end of June last year. So I wouldn't say it's too late for Centre of the Universe to become this years summer anthem!
Nothing But Love
robsta
I worship Axwell
since 2008
DJ Gear: DJM800, 2xCDJ800 in Oz
Traktor Z1 + iPad Air in GER

robsta Send private message http://soundcloud.com/robbymorgz Post 04 Jun 2010, 05:42

oskaaar wrote:If I'm not mistaking, In the Air was released in the end of June last year. So I wouldn't say it's too late for Centre of the Universe to become this years summer anthem!
don't forget down under in Oz our summer doesn't start until the end of the year. So 'In the Air' was riding on a massive wave of momentum by the time Axwell finally got to drop it himself at Stereosonic last year!

Obviously Australia only represents a minor market for music consumption compared with Europe & America, but it had a big impact on our dancefloors!
Checkout my SoundCloud! http://soundcloud.com/robbymorgz for Tracks, Bootlegs & DJ Sets.
zeleenda
Axwell fan
since 2009
DJ Gear: Don Chuan

zeleenda Send private message Post 06 Jun 2010, 06:25

Does anybody know the date of the album Center of the Universe?
Squid
I worship Axwell
since 2008
DJ Gear: One day it will be pioneer

Squid Send private message Post 06 Jun 2010, 09:34

Some "guest" has mentioned in chat that Axwell said this to them...

I talked to axwell and he said that when he finished center of the universe, he realised that it was the best song ever. So he decided to never release it and only play it on a few conserts, so that people have to go very show he has if the hope to hear it. And when I asked why he said: To make hella much money, cause cash rules everything around me dolla dolla bill ya'll

This doesn't sound like Ax at all to me. I say Axwell should get on the forum and confirm
olivierM
I worship Axwell
since 2010

olivierM Send private message Post 06 Jun 2010, 10:06

Fake !!

It's impossible the guy who has written that was drunk
Axwell_Maniac88
Axwell digger
since 2008

Axwell_Maniac88 Send private message Post 06 Jun 2010, 10:45

according to me centre fo universe is gonna be the best axwell's track...i love it!
Pieschi
since 2008
DJ Gear: CDJ2000 - DJM900 - S-DJ05 - HD25

Pieschi Send private message Post 06 Jun 2010, 15:30

Squid wrote:Some "guest" has mentioned in chat that Axwell said this to them...

I talked to axwell and he said that when he finished center of the universe, he realised that it was the best song ever. So he decided to never release it and only play it on a few conserts, so that people have to go very show he has if the hope to hear it. And when I asked why he said: To make hella much money, cause cash rules everything around me dolla dolla bill ya'll

This doesn't sound like Ax at all to me. I say Axwell should get on the forum and confirm

WHAT A FAIRY STORY! hahahahaha

He would never say such shitty things...
Glaader
Axwell fan
since 2010
DJ Gear: Denon 2600f

Glaader Send private message Post 07 Jun 2010, 10:22

oskaaar wrote:If I'm not mistaking, In the Air was released in the end of June last year. So I wouldn't say it's too late for Centre of the Universe to become this years summer anthem!
Of course, there are exceptions to this rule. Records are released all year around.

But it's the business standard to release potential summer anthems before mid may. And taking into consideration that "Centre of the universe" has been finished for so long, but is still not released, is a good indication that a summer release was never intended.

Had it been a case of the song needing tweaking and mixing, there would probably still be a chance. But Axwell's already been playing it, and it sure enough sounds finished, so this is obviously not the case. I don't think he would have dropped it at WMC had it been a beta mix.

Whenever it's released it's no doubt gonna be massive. So if the album is released this summer, maybe it'll be a late summer anthem. But that would be bad business imo.
peter017
I worship Axwell
since 2008

peter017 Send private message Post 07 Jun 2010, 13:46

And when I asked why he said: To make hella much money, cause cash rules everything around me dolla dolla bill ya'll
hahahahahhaa :lol: :lol: :lol: that killed me