Axwell feat. Richard Archer - Think About It

  • Release Date: 27 May 2016


Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
User avatar
DjMa5
Axwell lover
Send private message
Posts: 24
Joined: 05 Dec 2012

Post DjMa523 Jul 2015, 17:04

Latest post of the previous page:

Halcyon wrote:
House5 wrote: Axwell has always been on the more pop side of electronic music, even before
No, he hasn't. That's why some of us in this very thread are complaining about the fact that this new version of TAI is too much on the EDM standards. Once again, the track is good for what it is, a mere EDM track, but Ax had a strength ten years ago, he was able to collide the world of underground with the world of mainstream. Now he has the A^I album planned, of course he wants that Pop touch, but he could have stayed in his old way of making tracks and that would have been worthier, IMO.
+10000000000000
User avatar
Didas
I worship Axwell
Send private message
Posts: 4294
Joined: 21 Sep 2011
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Post Didas23 Jul 2015, 17:24

DjMa5 wrote:
Halcyon wrote:
House5 wrote: Axwell has always been on the more pop side of electronic music, even before
No, he hasn't. That's why some of us in this very thread are complaining about the fact that this new version of TAI is too much on the EDM standards. Once again, the track is good for what it is, a mere EDM track, but Ax had a strength ten years ago, he was able to collide the world of underground with the world of mainstream. Now he has the A^I album planned, of course he wants that Pop touch, but he could have stayed in his old way of making tracks and that would have been worthier, IMO.
+10000000000000
Image
"When I'm making music I try to create something that is different... something that makes my ears happy.."
User avatar
prydafan
Axwell digger
Send private message
Posts: 59
Joined: 18 Aug 2014

Post prydafan23 Jul 2015, 19:40

If your weird "back-then-everything-was-better" circel jerk is done I'd like to back to the discussion.
User avatar
Didas
I worship Axwell
Send private message
Posts: 4294
Joined: 21 Sep 2011
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Post Didas23 Jul 2015, 20:04

almost 2 weeks ago we had 31 pages in this thread... then Ax played it @ ruisrock, and now he have 62 pages :P :P

in pursuit of happiness
"When I'm making music I try to create something that is different... something that makes my ears happy.."
enrico
I worship Axwell
Send private message
Posts: 1685
Joined: 01 Mar 2012

Post enrico23 Jul 2015, 21:40

prydafan wrote:If your weird "back-then-everything-was-better" circel jerk is done I'd like to back to the discussion.
It's a noble though and I fully agree, but never gonna happen. :P
User avatar
Dschu
I worship Axwell
Send private message
Posts: 903
Joined: 06 Jun 2010
Location: Krefeld, Germany

Post Dschu24 Jul 2015, 06:36

prydafan wrote:If your weird "back-then-everything-was-better" circel jerk is done I'd like to back to the discussion.
Nice try but too many lost souls here.

Even though I love the "old" Ax I'm tired of all these complaints about his last 10 years like everyone is wiser and would have changed the world if he were in Ax's position. Come on, we all know that he is more talented than 99% percent of his colleagues (and us).
Therefore, it seems like he is enjoying the way he's chosen and maybe when he is too old to travel we will see some parts of the "old" Ax again.

I would prefer going back to topic here again.

I FUCKING LOVE THIS TUNE!
User avatar
Viazard
I worship Axwell
Send private message
Posts: 403
Joined: 17 Jun 2015

Post Viazard24 Jul 2015, 06:50

Halcyon wrote:
House5 wrote: Axwell has always been on the more pop side of electronic music, even before
No, he hasn't. That's why some of us in this very thread are complaining about the fact that this new version of TAI is too much on the EDM standards. Once again, the track is good for what it is, a mere EDM track, but Ax had a strength ten years ago, he was able to collide the world of underground with the world of mainstream. Now he has the A^I album planned, of course he wants that Pop touch, but he could have stayed in his old way of making tracks and that would have been worthier, IMO.
You say he hasn't but then you see Save the World, Don't You Worry Child, Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall Remix, On My Way and Sun Is Shinning and I don't really know what to tell you.

Don't get me wrong tho, I love every single one of those tracks and I am probably not old enough to deeply know the old Axwell, but he has been popish since 2011/12 and that's 3-4 years now.

To be honest, all this complains about the track being too commercial to me are ridiculous. Why wouldn't you listen to a commercial track if it's good? Just because lots of people listen to it, it doesn't turn it into a bad track.
DUN DUN
User avatar
camheine
I worship Axwell
Send private message
Posts: 1152
Joined: 18 Feb 2012
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Post camheine24 Jul 2015, 07:40

Viazard wrote:
Halcyon wrote:
House5 wrote: Axwell has always been on the more pop side of electronic music, even before
No, he hasn't. That's why some of us in this very thread are complaining about the fact that this new version of TAI is too much on the EDM standards. Once again, the track is good for what it is, a mere EDM track, but Ax had a strength ten years ago, he was able to collide the world of underground with the world of mainstream. Now he has the A^I album planned, of course he wants that Pop touch, but he could have stayed in his old way of making tracks and that would have been worthier, IMO.
You say he hasn't but then you see Save the World, Don't You Worry Child, Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall Remix, On My Way and Sun Is Shinning and I don't really know what to tell you.

Don't get me wrong tho, I love every single one of those tracks and I am probably not old enough to deeply know the old Axwell, but he has been popish since 2011/12 and that's 3-4 years now.

To be honest, all this complains about the track being too commercial to me are ridiculous. Why wouldn't you listen to a commercial track if it's good? Just because lots of people listen to it, it doesn't turn it into a bad track.
I personally believe that if Ax dropped this version of think about it as a new id and we had never heard it before, everyone hating on this track would be loving it and singing its praises. All Ax did to this track really was add a female vocal and play around with the arrangement a bit. Just enjoy it guys c'mon, we're finally getting think about it, or at least 85% of it. Be happy! :D
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music."
User avatar
hrvoje42
I worship Axwell
Send private message
Posts: 449
Joined: 02 Dec 2012

Post hrvoje4224 Jul 2015, 11:26

Watsa wrote:
hrvoje42 wrote: Yeah, but I don't understand the obsession with this particular track. There are better Axwell songs, and better songs by other artists
I would love you to tell me 5 songs better than this one
City of Dreams
Phazing
Sweet Disposition (Axwell & Dirty South Remix)
In the Air (Axwell Remix)
Teenage Crime (Axwell Remix)

and much more
User avatar
Seveli13
I worship Axwell
Send private message
Posts: 2133
Joined: 03 Sep 2014
Location: Belgrade, Serbia

Post Seveli1324 Jul 2015, 11:41

hrvoje42 wrote:
City of Dreams
Phazing
Sweet Disposition (Axwell & Dirty South Remix)
In the Air (Axwell Remix)
Teenage Crime (Axwell Remix)

and much more
U had me with those 4 great tracks but u totally lost me with City Of Dreams...lol...that's nowhere near any version of TAI... :D
User avatar
Watsa
I worship Axwell
Send private message
Posts: 1201
Joined: 19 Nov 2011
DJ Gear: Sennheiser HD-25

Post Watsa24 Jul 2015, 11:55

hrvoje42 wrote:
Watsa wrote:
hrvoje42 wrote: Yeah, but I don't understand the obsession with this particular track. There are better Axwell songs, and better songs by other artists
I would love you to tell me 5 songs better than this one
City of Dreams
Phazing
Sweet Disposition (Axwell & Dirty South Remix)
In the Air (Axwell Remix)
Teenage Crime (Axwell Remix)

and much more
city of dreams, sure ;)
Do you think all these tracks are better than the 1st version of TAI, or just better than the new one?


I don't know guys, I think most of you here that hate on the track are blind by the nostalgy. It happens in most of the fields, people tend to overrate everything from the past and underrate the present stuff.
In no way this version is worse than the previous that we have heard from monster massive, it actually feels more complete now.
The female vocals are the only change that can make you dislike the track (if you liked the 1st version obviously), but even them add something to the whole thing.