Axwell feat. Richard Archer - Think About It

  • Release Date: 27 May 2016


Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
User avatar
FlavioPereira
True fan
since 2010
Posts: 118

FlavioPereira Send private message Post 14 May 2016, 20:03

Bottom post of the previous page:

Halcyon wrote:I am confused with all your hype.
We're back to the times when everyone's happy to something not quite confirmed. For all I know, they could have been playing the youtube video with the 2010 Massive Monster live version.
After all the changes we heard on TAI since last year, I doubt someone agreed to go back to an old version of the track and cut the female vocal for good.
Or maybe it will be the first time they do that and it would be a good idea.
I thought that, but i played it many times and i'm sure that it's not the youtube version. We can hear in the snapchat the snares, that we can't hear, in the youtube version, because of the echo effect that Ax used before the drop in the mixer.
User avatar
Didas
I worship Axwell
since 2011
Posts: 4352
From: Lisbon, Portugal

Didas Send private message Post 14 May 2016, 21:36

Top thread views
1. LTWB
2. Axwell - Teenage Crime (Copenhagen Mix)
3. NBL
4. Arty, Matisse - Trio ??? :shock:
5.TAY Now....imagine if Ax comes here.... And....
"When I'm making music I try to create something that is different... something that makes my ears happy.."
User avatar
S-A
I worship Axwell
since 2014
Posts: 970

S-A Send private message Post 14 May 2016, 21:57

Didas wrote:Top thread views
1. LTWB
2. Axwell - Teenage Crime (Copenhagen Mix)
3. NBL
4. Arty, Matisse - Trio ??? :shock:
5.TAY Now....imagine if Ax comes here.... And....
HAs he ever come?
User avatar
Didas
I worship Axwell
since 2011
Posts: 4352
From: Lisbon, Portugal

Didas Send private message Post 14 May 2016, 22:31

S-A wrote:
Didas wrote:Top thread views
1. LTWB
2. Axwell - Teenage Crime (Copenhagen Mix)
3. NBL
4. Arty, Matisse - Trio ??? :shock:
5.TAY Now....imagine if Ax comes here.... And....
HAs he ever come?

Yes... More than we think.
"When I'm making music I try to create something that is different... something that makes my ears happy.."
User avatar
DJACARROZ
Axwell lover
since 2014
Posts: 38
DJ Gear: Pioneer DDJ-T1+Macbook.

DJACARROZ Send private message Post 14 May 2016, 22:40

Halcyon wrote:I am confused with all your hype.
We're back to the times when everyone's happy to something not quite confirmed. For all I know, they could have been playing the youtube video with the 2010 Massive Monster live version.
After all the changes we heard on TAI since last year, I doubt someone agreed to go back to an old version of the track and cut the female vocal for good.
Or maybe it will be the first time they do that and it would be a good idea.
Remember something, they are having issues with Def Jam, so they cant release the version with the female voice in, the best example is Dream Bigger, they release a version without the real vocal, so, we have the same thing with TAI. That's why i think that thee will release the 2010 version :)
User avatar
julitoco
True fan
since 2014
Posts: 149

julitoco Send private message Post 14 May 2016, 22:43

Didas wrote:
S-A wrote:
Didas wrote:Top thread views
1. LTWB
2. Axwell - Teenage Crime (Copenhagen Mix)
3. NBL
4. Arty, Matisse - Trio ??? :shock:
5.TAY Now....imagine if Ax comes here.... And....
HAs he ever come?

Yes... More than we think.
It's kinda sad if that's true because of the non-constructive criticism that has been around here lately.

And i bet this thread will be a few positions up after the previews and release.
User avatar
camheine
I worship Axwell
since 2012
Posts: 1282
From: Melbourne, Australia

camheine Send private message Post 14 May 2016, 22:46

DJACARROZ wrote:
Halcyon wrote:I am confused with all your hype.
We're back to the times when everyone's happy to something not quite confirmed. For all I know, they could have been playing the youtube video with the 2010 Massive Monster live version.
After all the changes we heard on TAI since last year, I doubt someone agreed to go back to an old version of the track and cut the female vocal for good.
Or maybe it will be the first time they do that and it would be a good idea.
Remember something, they are having issues with Def Jam, so they cant release the version with the female voice in, the best example is Dream Bigger, they release a version without the real vocal, so, we have the same thing with TAI. That's why i think that thee will release the 2010 version :)
Just want to clarify something, I literally said one time that ax and Seb might be having troubles with def jam and hence the solo stuff, and now everyone has taken it as a fact. I was just throwing speculation we've had no proof that they're having problems with def jam or that it's actually legal to release tracks you've signed on another label if you change the artist name. Haha.
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music."
User avatar
DJACARROZ
Axwell lover
since 2014
Posts: 38
DJ Gear: Pioneer DDJ-T1+Macbook.

DJACARROZ Send private message Post 14 May 2016, 23:28

camheine wrote:
DJACARROZ wrote:
Halcyon wrote:I am confused with all your hype.
We're back to the times when everyone's happy to something not quite confirmed. For all I know, they could have been playing the youtube video with the 2010 Massive Monster live version.
After all the changes we heard on TAI since last year, I doubt someone agreed to go back to an old version of the track and cut the female vocal for good.
Or maybe it will be the first time they do that and it would be a good idea.
Remember something, they are having issues with Def Jam, so they cant release the version with the female voice in, the best example is Dream Bigger, they release a version without the real vocal, so, we have the same thing with TAI. That's why i think that thee will release the 2010 version :)
Just want to clarify something, I literally said one time that ax and Seb might be having troubles with def jam and hence the solo stuff, and now everyone has taken it as a fact. I was just throwing speculation we've had no proof that they're having problems with def jam or that it's actually legal to release tracks you've signed on another label if you change the artist name. Haha.
Just THINK ABOUT IT for a moment, maybe that's the real thing.
User avatar
raresdascalasu
True fan
since 2015
Posts: 137

raresdascalasu Send private message Post 14 May 2016, 23:49

I'd bring up a different and less relevant point here: why release the song with a different new name? I know that this TAY may have been its real name, however Ax should have capitalised on the hype that is associated with the "Think About It" name... we are not the only ones calling this piece like that, snippets, remakes and videos tagged with this name are all over youtube, soundcloud and every fucking place. This new name is quite a bad choice from a marketing point of view, as a new name removes the link between the hyped snippets and the actual release, imposing a perception of a somewhat new song, and this makes it much harder for the public to see its real huge value, as one of the most anticipated id's from Axwell ever.

Of course, for us it's not important at all, musically it's the same song that we are looking forward to, but it leads to a discussion about their marketing and if it would have been any different with Amy to guide all of this. If things will go in the same direction, don't expect any good artwork. :roll:
User avatar
DjMa5
Axwell lover
since 2012
Posts: 24

DjMa5 Send private message Post 15 May 2016, 00:05

Halcyon wrote:I am confused with all your hype.
We're back to the times when everyone's happy to something not quite confirmed. For all I know, they could have been playing the youtube video with the 2010 Massive Monster live version.
After all the changes we heard on TAI since last year, I doubt someone agreed to go back to an old version of the track and cut the female vocal for good.
Or maybe it will be the first time they do that and it would be a good idea.
It's definitely not the youtube video they were playing, as you can hear a slight difference in the pitch. In the youtube video it's like +30 cents or something. Seems like they will release an Axwell Ingrosso version and maybe an Axwell Classic Mix? I don't see why they would tease this version without thinking about releasing it.
User avatar
julitoco
True fan
since 2014
Posts: 149

julitoco Send private message Post 15 May 2016, 00:29

raresdascalasu wrote:I'd bring up a different and less relevant point here: why release the song with a different new name? I know that this TAY may have been its real name, however Ax should have capitalised on the hype that is associated with the "Think About It" name... we are not the only ones calling this piece like that, snippets, remakes and videos tagged with this name are all over youtube, soundcloud and every fucking place. This new name is quite a bad choice from a marketing point of view, as a new name removes the link between the hyped snippets and the actual release, imposing a perception of a somewhat new song, and this makes it much harder for the public to see its real huge value, as one of the most anticipated id's from Axwell ever.

Of course, for us it's not important at all, musically it's the same song that we are looking forward to, but it leads to a discussion about their marketing and if it would have been any different with Amy to guide all of this. If things will go in the same direction, don't expect any good artwork. :roll:
Could be a marketing decision (wiz khalifa has a track with the same name) or legal reasons as well.

Highly doubt it's a marketing decision cause Thinking about you is also one of the most known Calvin Harris tracks