Open your Heart - the commercial success

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
Dirty Sanchez Send private message
I worship Axwell

Post by Dirty Sanchez » 22 Jul 2008, 11:01

Latest post of the previous page:

Madonna sure is needin' some help lately :lol: To her credit, she's chosen well enough in her last two albums, and of course, there's Jump...

Wow, 1:6 ratio it's real bad but like daherbst I thought it'd be even worse. We've discussed before that electronic music needs their iTunes to kind of make that ratio smaller... I mean, Beatport's trying but it's not like it's: a/famous outside of the hardcore fans and b/a great site like iTunes is. It needs a lot of work to be what we need it to be.

The whole thing is reli saddening. It makes you appreciate Ax's work because the truth is that he, just like all the producers out there, is not making music for the money but for the love of it. I'll always buy my tracks but damn... Such a sad story.

BTW on Beatport the song's still on top positions, right now No. 2 to 'Morphine' by Dahlback.
axelwaad Send private message
Axwell lover
DJ Gear: Old Synthesizers mostly and a computer. And an electric piano.

Post by axelwaad » 22 Jul 2008, 14:15

One Idea could be to start a DJ/Producer-school with additional digital design/video design "...".
With regular teachers such as sound-engineers aswell as masterclass-teachers. Ax could be the principal and the masterclasses could be held by Bob Sinclair, Eric Prydz and Ian Carey aso..

The "fee" or what its called could be 10.000,00 Euros for one year of active seminaires and classes and it could be located in southern big city, like Barcelona or such.
jeanp Send private message
I worship Axwell

Post by jeanp » 22 Jul 2008, 16:24

yes shure!!! and who would pay 10000€ even if the people dont spend 2 € for there music????
Dirty Sanchez Send private message
I worship Axwell

Post by Dirty Sanchez » 22 Jul 2008, 20:02

Well, that'd be fun :)
daherbst Send private message
Administrator
DJ Gear: all about Pioneer

Post by daherbst » 22 Jul 2008, 20:53

No comment on this idea!
e=shm²
Axcellent!
axelwaad Send private message
Axwell lover
DJ Gear: Old Synthesizers mostly and a computer. And an electric piano.

Post by axelwaad » 22 Jul 2008, 21:09

JeanP, Please dont use that sarcasm man. It was an idea. And similar schools around the world, like 'SAE' franchise take the same amount of money. But yeah it was an idea with humour doh. In the style of "Semi Pro"(will ferrell) if you understand.
jeanp wrote:yes shure!!! and who would pay 10000€ even if the people dont spend 2 € for there music????
nander Send private message
True fan

Post by nander » 03 Aug 2008, 11:49

mrrghhh, still haven't heared it on the radio here (yet)... :(
noone can beat the house beats
camheine Send private message
I worship Axwell

Post by camheine » 11 Apr 2013, 05:48

I was exploring some of the old threads and came across this discussion about the money being made off of music. Ax himself said that there's a 1:6 ratio of payed vs illegal downloads. That was a while ago, what do you reckon it would be like now? better or worse? even though EDM has become so much bigger?
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music."
House5 Send private message
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

Post by House5 » 11 Apr 2013, 06:36

camheine wrote:I was exploring some of the old threads and came across this discussion about the money being made off of music. Ax himself said that there's a 1:6 ratio of payed vs illegal downloads. That was a while ago, what do you reckon it would be like now? better or worse? even though EDM has become so much bigger?
It's getting worse... And think about the real producers such as Henrik B : Leave a Light On was only 33 on Beatport (and everybody here knows that it was much better than Atom, who stayed 2 weeks N°1), and with the raise of shit producers who have a real succes (Steve Aoki, Afrojack...), it'll be worse again for the king Axwell and for many others... Lame.

I think that Alesso makes a few releases per year because of that (Same for Seb Ingrosso) : when you make too many releases a year, you loose a lot of money because of illegal download when you compare to the time you spent in your studio to make a great track... And you'll have to DJ more, so less time in studio, and you make the same set for a year. I'd be bored.

I really don't know where the House Music is going (and the music in general)... I'm afraid :? And I'll finish with that, I'm sure that everybody will agree : I'm really surprised that my friends like to download 128 or 96 kbps crap quality instead of spending 1 fucking euro on iTunes to have a 320 kbps (or higher) quality... :?: I'll keep on buying my music.
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...
DCBull Send private message
I worship Axwell

Post by DCBull » 11 Apr 2013, 11:30

About albums: Imo it would be way better if they release the CD before the digital release...
More people would by the CD legally and the artist would get more money in the end (I suppose!?)
AdamB Send private message
True fan

Post by AdamB » 11 Apr 2013, 14:21

DCBull wrote:About albums: Imo it would be way better if they release the CD before the digital release...
More people would by the CD legally and the artist would get more money in the end (I suppose!?)
good idea but all it would take is someone to buy it then upload it