Open your Heart - the commercial success

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
axelwaad
Axwell lover
DJ Gear: Old Synthesizers mostly and a computer. And an electric piano.

Post by axelwaad » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:15 pm

One Idea could be to start a DJ/Producer-school with additional digital design/video design "...".
With regular teachers such as sound-engineers aswell as masterclass-teachers. Ax could be the principal and the masterclasses could be held by Bob Sinclair, Eric Prydz and Ian Carey aso..

The "fee" or what its called could be 10.000,00 Euros for one year of active seminaires and classes and it could be located in southern big city, like Barcelona or such.
jeanp
I worship Axwell

Post by jeanp » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:24 pm

yes shure!!! and who would pay 10000€ even if the people dont spend 2 € for there music????
Dirty Sanchez
I worship Axwell

Post by Dirty Sanchez » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:02 pm

Well, that'd be fun :)
daherbst
Administrator
DJ Gear: all about Pioneer

Post by daherbst » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:53 pm

No comment on this idea!
e=shm²
Axcellent!
axelwaad
Axwell lover
DJ Gear: Old Synthesizers mostly and a computer. And an electric piano.

Post by axelwaad » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:09 pm

JeanP, Please dont use that sarcasm man. It was an idea. And similar schools around the world, like 'SAE' franchise take the same amount of money. But yeah it was an idea with humour doh. In the style of "Semi Pro"(will ferrell) if you understand.
jeanp wrote:yes shure!!! and who would pay 10000€ even if the people dont spend 2 € for there music????
nander
True fan

Post by nander » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:49 am

mrrghhh, still haven't heared it on the radio here (yet)... :(
noone can beat the house beats
camheine
I worship Axwell

Post by camheine » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:48 am

I was exploring some of the old threads and came across this discussion about the money being made off of music. Ax himself said that there's a 1:6 ratio of payed vs illegal downloads. That was a while ago, what do you reckon it would be like now? better or worse? even though EDM has become so much bigger?
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music."
House5
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

Post by House5 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:36 am

camheine wrote:I was exploring some of the old threads and came across this discussion about the money being made off of music. Ax himself said that there's a 1:6 ratio of payed vs illegal downloads. That was a while ago, what do you reckon it would be like now? better or worse? even though EDM has become so much bigger?
It's getting worse... And think about the real producers such as Henrik B : Leave a Light On was only 33 on Beatport (and everybody here knows that it was much better than Atom, who stayed 2 weeks N°1), and with the raise of shit producers who have a real succes (Steve Aoki, Afrojack...), it'll be worse again for the king Axwell and for many others... Lame.

I think that Alesso makes a few releases per year because of that (Same for Seb Ingrosso) : when you make too many releases a year, you loose a lot of money because of illegal download when you compare to the time you spent in your studio to make a great track... And you'll have to DJ more, so less time in studio, and you make the same set for a year. I'd be bored.

I really don't know where the House Music is going (and the music in general)... I'm afraid :? And I'll finish with that, I'm sure that everybody will agree : I'm really surprised that my friends like to download 128 or 96 kbps crap quality instead of spending 1 fucking euro on iTunes to have a 320 kbps (or higher) quality... :?: I'll keep on buying my music.
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...

[img]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/3492/luigietsonombre.gif[/img]
DCBull
I worship Axwell

Post by DCBull » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:30 am

About albums: Imo it would be way better if they release the CD before the digital release...
More people would by the CD legally and the artist would get more money in the end (I suppose!?)
AdamB
True fan

Post by AdamB » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:21 pm

DCBull wrote:About albums: Imo it would be way better if they release the CD before the digital release...
More people would by the CD legally and the artist would get more money in the end (I suppose!?)
good idea but all it would take is someone to buy it then upload it