Hook N Sling - Tokyo By Night (Axwell Remix) [Axtone]

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
User avatar
Anzjøn
I worship Axwell
since 2014
Posts: 339
From: Oslo, Norway

Anzjøn Send private message Post 20 Oct 2014, 14:58

Bottom post of the previous page:

Sometimes less is more. The original almost feels like a rip-off of Axwell's remix, except the main melody has been slowed down. It doesn't appeal to me at all because I'm so used to Axwell's at this point.
You can go crazy on the edge of my couch anytime, anywhere, any place.
MrHouse
Axwell lover
since 2014
Posts: 44

MrHouse Send private message Post 20 Oct 2014, 16:02

enrico
I worship Axwell
since 2012
Posts: 1741

enrico Send private message Post 20 Oct 2014, 17:52

Anzjøn wrote:Sometimes less is more. The original almost feels like a rip-off of Axwell's remix, except the main melody has been slowed down. It doesn't appeal to me at all because I'm so used to Axwell's at this point.
This post is the prime example of pitfalls associated with a release on Axtone.
Nothing is wrong with your opinion, just that its inception can be associated with an Original Mix of a song in juxtaposition to Axwell's Edits and Remixes and so forth. Kind of crazy, how detrimental it can become for the original version then.

Can you imagine what Deniz Koyu would feel like with his 40~ GB folder if To The Sun weren't that popular?

I like the Original Mix a lot, except for the sanre sounds in the break but I'll get used to them.
User avatar
Watsa
I worship Axwell
since 2011
Posts: 1202
DJ Gear: Sennheiser HD-25

Watsa Send private message Post 20 Oct 2014, 20:02

It'd be okay if he released the 2011 version, but to release this one that sounds basically as a cheap version of the Axwell mix makes no sense
User avatar
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
since 2009
Posts: 3318
From: Rotterdam City Of Love, The Netherlands

Vinelli Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio Post 20 Oct 2014, 20:45

enrico wrote:
Anzjøn wrote:Sometimes less is more. The original almost feels like a rip-off of Axwell's remix, except the main melody has been slowed down. It doesn't appeal to me at all because I'm so used to Axwell's at this point.
This post is the prime example of pitfalls associated with a release on Axtone.
Nothing is wrong with your opinion, just that its inception can be associated with an Original Mix of a song in juxtaposition to Axwell's Edits and Remixes and so forth. Kind of crazy, how detrimental it can become for the original version then.

Can you imagine what Deniz Koyu would feel like with his 40~ GB folder if To The Sun weren't that popular?

I like the Original Mix a lot, except for the sanre sounds in the break but I'll get used to them.
Easy there, mr. thesaurus :P. You don't have to use unnecessary difficult words to say that originals are no match for an edit with the Axwell brand stamped upon it.

I agree that it's really getting a bit ridiculous in the thread. How can you say you hate the original and then claim to love Axwell's version. His changes are not that huge. They make the song better, but it's not like he strayed that far away from it. The lead, the core of the track, is basically the same. I would go as far to say that this can be easily be looked at as a mere edit/mix, like with In My Mind. He reworked the rythem and added some piano, and he did it well. Just with that In My Mind release, he improved the song as whole, without making drastic changes to it.

In short, if the Axwell Remix is a 8,9 or even a 10 to you, the original should be at least a 6.
enrico
I worship Axwell
since 2012
Posts: 1741

enrico Send private message Post 21 Oct 2014, 07:37

Ok, good comeback... :) but kind of wrong.

I mean the following:
VincyBouncy wrote: Originals are considered to be no match for an edit with the Axwell brand stamped upon it.
That is what I meant. :)
User avatar
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
since 2009
Posts: 3318
From: Rotterdam City Of Love, The Netherlands

Vinelli Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio Post 21 Oct 2014, 08:25

enrico wrote:Ok, good comeback... :) but kind of wrong.

I mean the following:
VincyBouncy wrote: Originals are considered to be no match for an edit with the Axwell brand stamped upon it.
That is what I meant. :)
NBL :lol:
Londinee
Axwell digger
since 2014
Posts: 94

Londinee Send private message Post 06 Jan 2020, 14:57

guys i'm searching the thread releated to the axwell remix i cant find it, it's not that one because there isn't no information when the axwell remix went out
User avatar
WeAreAxing
True fan
since 2016
Posts: 198

WeAreAxing Send private message http://www.facebook.com/weareaxing Post 06 Jan 2020, 18:17

Londinee wrote:
06 Jan 2020, 14:57
guys i'm searching the thread releated to the axwell remix i cant find it, it's not that one because there isn't no information when the axwell remix went out
It was released on 28th April 2014
Follow us for daily Axwell Λ Ingrosso content: http://www.facebook.com/weareaxing / http://www.instagram.com/weareaxing