Steve Angello / SIZE Thread

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
Lars
Axwell lover
since 2013

Lars Send private message Post 04 Sep 2014, 09:23

Bottom post of the previous page:

Tension isn't on size jebu confirmed that on instagram
MrHouse
Axwell lover
since 2014

MrHouse Send private message Post 04 Sep 2014, 10:25

So many good tracks get ''wasted'' with the idea of taking too long to release and either people get bored of them or actually Size doesn't release them at all. Pretty shame. They need to sort out their schedule really.
Axachusetts
True fan
since 2014
DJ Gear: Whatever a Wakandaman would use

Axachusetts Send private message Post 04 Sep 2014, 12:54

DubChris wrote:Steve Angello is a man who runs many things in the scene and everybody knows that.The fact that Size Recs are way forward than Axtone and Refune after the Mafia broke up it's not a coincidecne.He has a marketing plan and his is not afraid to try things out.Size's last 3 releases including Hunter Siegel's EP,are deep house.Deep house is the new wave that is coming to the EDM scene.Steve obviously has seen this wave and he releases alternative deep house tracks outside of the tchami overused sound.He is trying to be in front of every new upcoming trend and embrace it in an alternative way.Salt,Save Us and New School Renegade are as said above deep house but they are different in any way.X Recs IMO represent clubby house-tech tracks and not Size's sidekick releases.

These are some things i believe that happen right now and it's my personal opinion so i'm open in any argument:)
Hunter Siegel's EP is nowhere near deep house
hedz
I worship Axwell
since 2012

hedz Send private message helderdiniz Post 04 Sep 2014, 14:27

Axachusetts wrote:
DubChris wrote:Steve Angello is a man who runs many things in the scene and everybody knows that.The fact that Size Recs are way forward than Axtone and Refune after the Mafia broke up it's not a coincidecne.He has a marketing plan and his is not afraid to try things out.Size's last 3 releases including Hunter Siegel's EP,are deep house.Deep house is the new wave that is coming to the EDM scene.Steve obviously has seen this wave and he releases alternative deep house tracks outside of the tchami overused sound.He is trying to be in front of every new upcoming trend and embrace it in an alternative way.Salt,Save Us and New School Renegade are as said above deep house but they are different in any way.X Recs IMO represent clubby house-tech tracks and not Size's sidekick releases.

These are some things i believe that happen right now and it's my personal opinion so i'm open in any argument:)
It isn't real deep house, but it's "the new form of deep house". Some people call it Future House.
bastien135
True fan
since 2014

bastien135 Send private message Post 04 Sep 2014, 14:37

So DV & W posted on FB this:
Dimitri Vangelis & Wyman wrote:Apart from ID2 coming, today we really got some AMAZING news for you guys! Getting the details as we speak!
And this picture:
NotAxwell
NotModerator
since 2014

NotAxwell Send private message Post 04 Sep 2014, 15:52

Axachusetts wrote:

And besides the Deep House Wave is already here since months. So no way hes actually not in front at all.
VeljkoDujakovic
I worship Axwell
since 2014

VeljkoDujakovic Send private message Post 04 Sep 2014, 20:42

Lars wrote:Tension isn't on size jebu confirmed that on instagram
source?
vysweet
I worship Axwell
since 2014

vysweet Send private message Post 04 Sep 2014, 20:46

Steve Angello with Still Young a Guest Mix on BBC Radio 1, listening here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_one#
fabiandori
I worship Axwell
since 2012

fabiandori Send private message Post 05 Sep 2014, 00:20

Tracklist

Steve Angello

1) Maps – To The Sky (M83 Remix) [MUTE]
2) Sailor & I – Turn Around (Ame Remix) [LIFE & DEATH]
3) Thyladomid feat. Mahfoud – The Real Thing (Adriatique Remix) [DIYNAMIC]
4) No Regular Play – Too Dramatic (Woolfy’s J Disco Remix) [WOLF + LAMB]
5) Odd Parents – Learning To Fly (Maceo Plex Flight Home Mix) [ELLUM]
6) Teenage Mutants vs. Kruse & Nuernberg – Don’t Be Afraid [LIGHT MY FIRE]
7) Kolsch feat. Gregor Schwellenbach – Cassiopeia [KOMPAKT]
8) Moby & Skylar Grey – The Last Day (Coyu & Ramiro Lopez Remix) [LITTLE IDIOT]
9) Hot Since 82 feat. Black Box – Somebody Everybody [KNEE DEEP IN SOUND]
10) Siwell – Sinnerman (Prelude Mix) [SPHERA]
11) Generik feat. Nicky Van She – The Weekend [ONELOVE]

Still Young

12) Galantis – You (Still Young Remix) [BIG BEAT (ATLANTIC)]
13) Clean Bandit feat. Sharna Bass – Extraordinary (Still Young Remix) [WARNER UK]
14) Kryder & Still Young feat. Duane Harden – Feels Like Summer [SPRS (SPINNIN')]
15) AN21 & Max Vangeli – Fresh Start (AN21 Bootleg) [SIZE]
16) Still Young – ID
17) Still Young & Tom Staar – ID
18) ID
19) Sebastian Ingrosso & Tommy Trash – Reload (Still Young Remix) [REFUNE]
20) Still Young vs. The Temper Trap – Midnight vs. Sweet Disposition

Steve Angello

21) Steve Angello feat. Dougy Mandagi (The Temper Trap) – Wasted Love [COLUMBIA (SONY)]
22) Seinabo Sey – Hard Time (Gazlind Remix) [UNIVERSAL]
23) Maarcos – Pyro [FUZE] w/ Laidback Luke & Swedish House Mafia feat. Deborah Cox – Leave The World Behind (Acapella) [AXTONE]
24) Cirez D – On Off (Tannergaard Remode) [FREE/MOUSEVILLE]
25) Dimitri Vangelis & Wyman – ID2 (Working Title) w/ Sebastian Ingrosso & Tommy Trash – Reload (Acappella) [REFUNE]
26) Francesco Rossi feat. Ozark Henry – Godspeed You (NEW_ID Remix) [AUS]
27) Prides – I Should Know You Better (Grum Remix) [POLYDOR]
28) AN21 & Sebjak – Everything
29) Weval – Something

Another incredible episode.

This one is pretty insane : Seinabo Sey – Hard Time (Gazlind Remix)
vysweet
I worship Axwell
since 2014

vysweet Send private message Post 05 Sep 2014, 00:24

fabiandori wrote:Tracklist

This one is pretty insane : Seinabo Sey – Hard Time (Gazlind Remix)
I think is HUGE remix but who is Gazlind?
Axachusetts
True fan
since 2014
DJ Gear: Whatever a Wakandaman would use

Axachusetts Send private message Post 05 Sep 2014, 01:44