Steve Angello / SIZE Thread

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
hrvoje42
I worship Axwell
since 2012

hrvoje42 Send private message Post 14 Sep 2014, 17:37

Bottom post of the previous page:

Vinelli wrote:
enrico wrote:Yeha The Cube Guys Remix is ridiculous. I can't understand how he decided to greenlight this one. Very odd.
You are not gonna say, "hey legendary guys, I don't like this sorry". Another possibility is that we just simply don't like it and he does?

I like it
Seveli13
I worship Axwell
since 2014

Seveli13 Send private message Post 14 Sep 2014, 17:45

Remix is awesome...it's called house music, which original mix BTW is NOT...it's quite nice dance/indie track but The Cube Guys Remix is soo grooovyyy...proper house...
enrico
I worship Axwell
since 2012

enrico Send private message Post 14 Sep 2014, 18:26

Vinelli wrote:
enrico wrote:Yeha The Cube Guys Remix is ridiculous. I can't understand how he decided to greenlight this one. Very odd.
You are not gonna say, "hey legendary guys, I don't like this sorry". Another possibility is that we just simply don't like it and he does?
Yes I said. It is obvious as fuck that it does not work, even for those of us who are into rather techy vibes (loosely put). Also, to kind of use their name to argue, this is a slippery slope.

Also it's possible that people owe each other favors in this business and need to follow through to keep face/simply hold true to their word.
Or a business man knows he just needs to have a production by artist XYZ on his label.

Of course the groove itself is there, that is true and pretty cool.
HighVolume
True fan
since 2014

HighVolume Send private message Post 15 Sep 2014, 00:01

johnmcdaid97 wrote:Anyone know the track at 35.30, the quality is really bad but you can make out bits and pieces of it

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFPUPhh_J6s#t=2100[/youtube]
It's an ID according to 1001tracklist.
Where words fail, music speaks.
djilkka
Axwell digger
since 2014

djilkka Send private message Post 15 Sep 2014, 01:00

IMO you guys are being too hard on the Cube Guys remix, it's not a perfect 10/10 track but it's groovy and definitely works, I can just imagine hearing it on a huge club system 8-)
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
since 2009

Vinelli Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio Post 15 Sep 2014, 18:39

Seveli13 wrote:Remix is awesome...it's called house music, which original mix BTW is NOT...it's quite nice dance/indie track but The Cube Guys Remix is soo grooovyyy...proper house...
The problem is that its not really house. Its a blend between the pop/edm original and the otherwise splendid house vibes the cubeguys have. A house track with a "big room/prog house/whatever ya call it"-lead just feels too weird for some of us. I remember that the joris voorn mix of dywc was also not really popular here. Please dont think we dont know/love proper house here. I know the majority here loves traditional house as much as big room/beatport prog house :)
Seveli13
I worship Axwell
since 2014

Seveli13 Send private message Post 15 Sep 2014, 19:21

Vinelli wrote:
Seveli13 wrote:Remix is awesome...it's called house music, which original mix BTW is NOT...it's quite nice dance/indie track but The Cube Guys Remix is soo grooovyyy...proper house...
The problem is that its not really house. Its a blend between the pop/edm original and the otherwise splendid house vibes the cubeguys have. A house track with a "big room/prog house/whatever ya call it"-lead just feels too weird for some of us. I remember that the joris voorn mix of dywc was also not really popular here. Please dont think we dont know/love proper house here. I know the majority here loves traditional house as much as big room/beatport prog house :)
Doesn't seem like that...and i don't think u can really call big room/beatport prog house house music at all, it should have totally different name...The Cube Guys Remix is really house...pop songs are being remixed since forever so i can't really see what's the difference here...and BTW Joris Voorn Remix od DYWC kicks ass :)
sobieski902
I worship Axwell
since 2008

sobieski902 Send private message Post 17 Sep 2014, 12:23

Dear Lord, totally forgot to check out SIZE-Online-Store
More Vinyls & Prints in Stock :)
http://store.size.net/
Born in Germany, raised in music
Anzjøn
I worship Axwell
since 2014

Anzjøn Send private message Post 17 Sep 2014, 16:25

Making of Arno Cost & Norman Doray - Strong!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYZy4t1MqVo
You can go crazy on the edge of my couch anytime, anywhere, any place.
Anzjøn
I worship Axwell
since 2014

Anzjøn Send private message Post 17 Sep 2014, 17:56

Hmm this seems very interesting, maybe invest in some stocks before it blows up? :lol: http://techcrunch.com/2014/09/17/splice ... aboration/
You can go crazy on the edge of my couch anytime, anywhere, any place.