Steve Angello / SIZE Thread

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
freshcoffee
I worship Axwell
since 2015

freshcoffee Send private message Post 28 Jul 2015, 03:11

Bottom post of the previous page:

hkarasoy wrote:The biggest disappointment of Tomorrowland. Crowd was so pumped when he started, and it went all downhill from there. Seriously, almost no transitions, many breaks, too much mic work, no empire, no follow me, cutting the check this out almost in the middle... As one of his biggest fans, i am still in shock of such a horrid performance.
Agreed, all of his sets since Ultra have been the same. :/ It's really hypocritical of him since he's one of the big artists pushing people to do something new.

And does it bother anyone else that he lies during his sets to get the crowd pumped? "I've only played this track TWICE before!" He did it last year with Wasted Love and this year with the new ID.
Viazard
I worship Axwell
since 2015

Viazard Send private message Post 28 Jul 2015, 06:15

freshcoffee wrote:
hkarasoy wrote:The biggest disappointment of Tomorrowland. Crowd was so pumped when he started, and it went all downhill from there. Seriously, almost no transitions, many breaks, too much mic work, no empire, no follow me, cutting the check this out almost in the middle... As one of his biggest fans, i am still in shock of such a horrid performance.
Agreed, all of his sets since Ultra have been the same. :/ It's really hypocritical of him since he's one of the big artists pushing people to do something new.

And does it bother anyone else that he lies during his sets to get the crowd pumped? "I've only played this track TWICE before!" He did it last year with Wasted Love and this year with the new ID.
How many times has he played the new ID anyways? 3? 4 max?

Edit: I think that up to Tomorrowland, he had only played it twice.
DUN DUN
hedz
I worship Axwell
since 2012

hedz Send private message helderdiniz Post 28 Jul 2015, 18:41

Viazard wrote:
freshcoffee wrote:

How many times has he played the new ID anyways? 3? 4 max?

Edit: I think that up to Tomorrowland, he had only played it twice.

1001 has you covered... http://www.1001tracklists.com/track/263 ... index.html
Dschu
I worship Axwell
since 2010

Dschu Send private message Post 29 Jul 2015, 09:09

I was shocked when I saw his set. You can say what you want about A/\I set, but there was energy in the area. Steve had so many breaks and no flow in his set.
Obviously, the TL crowd reacts harder on EDM crap but some artist showed that there is still hope. The start was ok but then it went straight downwards with a small highlight named Payback.

COTW did not worked well in the end, he shouldnt have played it in full length and he needs a mashup for festivals cause the vocal part is too flat imo for big stages.
iv:an
True fan
since 2014
DJ Gear: Pioneer CDJ2000x2
Pioneer DJM800

iv:an Send private message Post 29 Jul 2015, 09:49

So, I'm going to tell you guys a thing I think you'll find interesting:

A few months ago I was sitting in the studio with a guy, cant mention names, but he has a few tracks released on size. We talked about music and all that and he mentioned that he will be releasing an album on Size. Of course, I asked to hear a few songs and they are all really really dark/as far from mainstream house you can get.

I reacted pretty strong and asked him why he wanted to release all these songs on size which is an pretty "hard" label. But I was told that Steve wants size to be really really underground again. I believe that he is changing the label continuously - going deeper and deeper! This explains Pelican for example...

Sorry in advance if there are any typos :)
Wrap your arms around me
Didas
I worship Axwell
since 2011

Didas Send private message Post 29 Jul 2015, 10:26

iv:an wrote:So, I'm going to tell you guys a thing I think you'll find interesting:

A few months ago I was sitting in the studio with a guy, cant mention names, but he has a few tracks released on size. We talked about music and all that and he mentioned that he will be releasing an album on Size. Of course, I asked to hear a few songs and they are all really really dark/as far from mainstream house you can get.

I reacted pretty strong and asked him why he wanted to release all these songs on size which is an pretty "hard" label. But I was told that Steve wants size to be really really underground again. I believe that he is changing the label continuously - going deeper and deeper! This explains Pelican for example...

Sebjak?
"When I'm making music I try to create something that is different... something that makes my ears happy.."
childrenofthewild
I worship Axwell
since 2014

childrenofthewild Send private message Post 29 Jul 2015, 10:34

Didas wrote:
iv:an wrote:So, I'm going to tell you guys a thing I think you'll find interesting:

Sebjak?
Was my first thought as well :P Thanks for sharing ivan! What about Wild Youth tho? The constant moving of half-promised release dates is so annoying...
Seveli13
I worship Axwell
since 2014

Seveli13 Send private message Post 29 Jul 2015, 10:35

That's great news...Size was one of the top labels 2008-2010...so much sexy tech house was released back then...
Dhikhej
I worship Axwell
since 2014

Dhikhej Send private message Post 29 Jul 2015, 13:07

Sebjak's album is supposed to be released on Ultra.
Viazard
I worship Axwell
since 2015

Viazard Send private message Post 29 Jul 2015, 13:26

Then what is X for? I don't really get some decisions Steve makes
DUN DUN
iv:an
True fan
since 2014
DJ Gear: Pioneer CDJ2000x2
Pioneer DJM800

iv:an Send private message Post 29 Jul 2015, 14:55

Didas wrote:

Sebjak?
No, not Sebjak! This guy is more of a techy kind of guy... Maybe Sebjak is about to release an album on Size too, but I cannot confirm that :(
Wrap your arms around me