Steve Angello / SIZE Thread

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
VatodelaGamesa
I worship Axwell
since 2016
DJ Gear: Pioneer DDJ-SX2

VatodelaGamesa Send private message Post 20 Dec 2016, 18:41

Bottom post of the previous page:

freshcoffee wrote:
Vinelli wrote:
abrown94 wrote:^agreed. Maybe all his sets should be 30m, seems to squeeze the energy out (honestly, that set was pretty fun to listen to).

Unrelated, Still Young have a free song coming this week, White Label seems likely:
It says ' free giveaway'. So since it's coming from Still Young, the gift might be a release date. Or more likely, a tease about the release date of the actual thing they want to give away
Don't forget they'll cancel the 'free giveaway' because it was 'too exclusive.'
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
S-A
I worship Axwell
since 2014

S-A Send private message Post 20 Dec 2016, 23:49

I think Steve's undervalued. That ID is a very good track, Remember, COTW even Follow Me. If those tracks would have had AxIng on the cover instead of Steve Angello at least some of them would have been major hits.
Schirmy
I worship Axwell
since 2016

Schirmy Send private message Post 21 Dec 2016, 00:02

S-A wrote:I think Steve's undervalued. That ID is a very good track, Remember, COTW even Follow Me. If those tracks would have had AxIng on the cover instead of Steve Angello at least some of them would have been major hits.
I thought COTW was really bad. The vocals by themselves were annoying. Follow Me was way over-hyped for how mediocre it is.
Nothing But Love For You.
freshcoffee
I worship Axwell
since 2015

freshcoffee Send private message Post 21 Dec 2016, 02:18

Schirmy wrote:
S-A wrote:I think Steve's undervalued. That ID is a very good track, Remember, COTW even Follow Me. If those tracks would have had AxIng on the cover instead of Steve Angello at least some of them would have been major hits.
I thought COTW was really bad. The vocals by themselves were annoying. Follow Me was way over-hyped for how mediocre it is.
COTW was my favorite song on the album, but there were other versions of it that sounded far better than the final (Creamfields 2013, Ibiza 2014, Bern 2014).
HedgehogPT
True fan
since 2014

HedgehogPT Send private message Post 21 Dec 2016, 17:12

tonic gin
I worship Axwell
since 2016

tonic gin Send private message Post 21 Dec 2016, 17:55

I think COTW and Remember are boring after listening to them 2-3 times. they lack the power and the second drop of both tracks is exactly the same as the first. Vocals are also really repetetive (atleast of COTW). They don't sound bad though.
Follow me is nice too but nothing I'd include if I had to make a tracklist
I can promise you, Yes I am a Dreamer, too!
freshcoffee
I worship Axwell
since 2015

freshcoffee Send private message Post 21 Dec 2016, 18:31

HedgehogPT wrote:
Yes! I think we first heard this in the Beats 1 Mix, whenever that was.
abrown94
I worship Axwell
since 2014

abrown94 Send private message Post 21 Dec 2016, 20:47

freshcoffee wrote:
HedgehogPT wrote:
Literally September 2015. I was so fine with thinking this remix was dead. Size's 2016 has been awful
freshcoffee
I worship Axwell
since 2015

freshcoffee Send private message Post 21 Dec 2016, 23:51

abrown94 wrote:
freshcoffee wrote:
HedgehogPT wrote:
Literally September 2015. I was so fine with thinking this remix was dead. Size's 2016 has been awful
To be fair, 2016 in its entirety has been a shitshow.
hedz
I worship Axwell
since 2012

hedz Send private message helderdiniz Post 22 Dec 2016, 01:36

S-A wrote:I think Steve's undervalued. That ID is a very good track, Remember, COTW even Follow Me.
Well I must agree on the ID and 'Remember', these two are incredible. But in my opinion COTW and Follow Me were simply average or below... COTW very simple melody with boring cliché vocals and only the vocals on Follow Me are good, the rest is simple and outdated (BTBB/Follow Me was produced in 2011 or something)...
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
since 2009

Vinelli Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio Post 22 Dec 2016, 08:27

That High Sedated session at Radio 1 is pretty pretty cool! It's definetly something fresh. Adding Highly Sedated to the roster really somewhat salvaged this questionable :lol: SIZE year for me