Steve Angello / SIZE Thread

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
since 2009

Vinelli Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio Post 26 Jul 2018, 06:48

Bottom post of the previous page:

Almost-Human wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 06:14
New HS Track out soon
Preview
https://twitter.com/hsedated/status/102 ... 24192?s=21
Yes! Really good news. I still feel SIZE has way too fucking much individual Corey releases, or at least throw them on a few EPs. CYA & Highly Sedated are much more interesting imo
Almost-Human
I worship Axwell
since 2017

Almost-Human Send private message Post 26 Jul 2018, 07:41

Vinelli wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 06:48
Almost-Human wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 06:14
New HS Track out soon
Preview
https://twitter.com/hsedated/status/102 ... 24192?s=21
Yes! Really good news. I still feel SIZE has way too fucking much individual Corey releases, or at least throw them on a few EPs. CYA & Highly Sedated are much more interesting imo
I‘m still waiting for Arcade Hereos after their guest mix on Steves BBC R1 residency we hear nothing from them.
carpes
I worship Axwell
since 2016

carpes Send private message Post 27 Jul 2018, 03:22

Orinoco in full is really great.

Well produced and the first drop is so cool.

The second one, in the context, fit in the track.

Great work (one more) by Corey and Thomas.
HighVolume
True fan
since 2014

HighVolume Send private message Post 30 Jul 2018, 00:46

Just came home from Tomorrowland (and Ibiza 8-) ) and I was a bit disappointed about his TML set. A lot of dead moments in between the tracks, which - for me - killed the energy quite a few times. Also, as far as I remember, he did play the first Orinoco drop twice instead of using the second drop, which sounded awkward to me.

First time I heard the NSMA remix and I must say, it's an astonishing track. So is his Still Young collab, which was one of the best moments in his set for me. The ending with Paradiso also nailed it.

I did see him play a club set a few days ago during his Hï residency shows in Ibiza, which I found a lot better personally. For those in doubt, his Ibiza residency is a must-see! Third year I'm able to see him play there, and he always delivers.

Off to a well-deserved sleep marathon now :P
Where words fail, music speaks.
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
since 2009

Vinelli Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio Post 30 Jul 2018, 08:54

HighVolume wrote:
30 Jul 2018, 00:46
Just came home from Tomorrowland (and Ibiza 8-) ) and I was a bit disappointed about his TML set. A lot of dead moments in between the tracks, which - for me - killed the energy quite a few times. Also, as far as I remember, he did play the first Orinoco drop twice instead of using the second drop, which sounded awkward to me.

First time I heard the NSMA remix and I must say, it's an astonishing track. So is his Still Young collab, which was one of the best moments in his set for me. The ending with Paradiso also nailed it.

I did see him play a club set a few days ago during his Hï residency shows in Ibiza, which I found a lot better personally. For those in doubt, his Ibiza residency is a must-see! Third year I'm able to see him play there, and he always delivers.

I think that's what happens when you're constantly on mainstages where people like absolutely anything. You either stop given a fuck about actually djing or you might even forget what djing is all about. Its not about a pre made tracklist and maybe ids, what a lot of big dudes are doing now.
S-A
I worship Axwell
since 2014

S-A Send private message Post 30 Jul 2018, 12:36

HighVolume wrote:

Dead moments? I felt like he was talking too damn much during these TM sets. Kinda annoying.
carpes
I worship Axwell
since 2016

carpes Send private message Post 30 Jul 2018, 14:34

Vinelli wrote:
30 Jul 2018, 08:54
HighVolume wrote:

I think that's what happens when you're constantly on mainstages where people like absolutely anything. You either stop given a fuck about actually djing or you might even forget what djing is all about. Its not about a pre made tracklist and maybe ids, what a lot of big dudes are doing now.
Maybe 'DJing', NOWADAYS, is not for festivals. Please, don't get me wrong.

Maybe on the stage of great shows they are more artists, the figure of THE ARTIST, than the DJ that IS the artist, you know?

It's like Michael Jackson using playbacks just to get the better dance. Everyone knows that Michael is the GOAT, so the crowd just wanna see him dancing, besides he singing is also overwhelming.

In our case, people want to jump out and have fun, if the DJ do a good 'mixing act', is a plus.

(I'm not definding the "forget about DJing" stuff. Just trying to see the other side of the coin)
HighVolume
True fan
since 2014

HighVolume Send private message Post 30 Jul 2018, 16:34

atalibacarpes wrote:
30 Jul 2018, 14:34
Vinelli wrote:
30 Jul 2018, 08:54
HighVolume wrote:

Maybe 'DJing', NOWADAYS, is not for festivals. Please, don't get me wrong.

Maybe on the stage of great shows they are more artists, the figure of THE ARTIST, than the DJ that IS the artist, you know?

It's like Michael Jackson using playbacks just to get the better dance. Everyone knows that Michael is the GOAT, so the crowd just wanna see him dancing, besides he singing is also overwhelming.

In our case, people want to jump out and have fun, if the DJ do a good 'mixing act', is a plus.

(I'm not definding the "forget about DJing" stuff. Just trying to see the other side of the coin)
The difference here is that, where MJ needs to sing and dance, SA's only concern is to do a proper transition in between tracks... :D and like someone mentioned above, the constant talking during his set, the weird transitions, ...

Nope, yesterday was one of his ugliest (festival) sets I've heard live, and considering I'm seeing him 5-10 times each year that means something :P
Where words fail, music speaks.
CHUD
I worship Axwell
since 2016

CHUD Send private message Post 30 Jul 2018, 18:07

With the amount of music that gets released they (AxIng, S-A) could play an entirely new set at every show they play. They don't have to, I don't think anybody expects that, but 20-30% difference should be expected imo. It's pure laziness and really shameful, considering the obscene amount of money they make. I would be deeply ashamed of myself if I put in the same amount of effort as them.
enrico
I worship Axwell
since 2012

enrico Send private message Post 05 Aug 2018, 14:06

HighVolume wrote:
Interesting note. I find the first drop way better than the second one. I know the 2nd somehow "fits" better because of the progression but hm, somehow the groove of the first is cooler. :P
Almost-Human
I worship Axwell
since 2017

Almost-Human Send private message Post 15 Aug 2018, 10:30

Out this Friday