Dirty South Thread

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
ggssmm
I worship Axwell
since 2011

ggssmm Send private message http://soundcloud.com/guilherme-miranda Post 28 Aug 2013, 03:57

Bottom post of the previous page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AXMBGpVPq8
pow
I worship Axwell
since 2011
DJ Gear: None

pow Send private message Post 23 Sep 2013, 13:27

thats whats up!
hrvoje42
I worship Axwell
since 2012

hrvoje42 Send private message Post 23 Sep 2013, 17:11

I don't understand why Dirty South is pushing Michael Brun so much, the guy is really nothing special. I'm not talking about his production skills, but just how his songs sound to me, they all sound kinda the same and even worse, none of them have soul... I feel like he said 'Ok, now I'll make a song' and then he made a song, like a music factory, no emotions or anything...
Watsa
I worship Axwell
since 2011
DJ Gear: Sennheiser HD-25

Watsa Send private message Post 23 Sep 2013, 17:43

hrvoje42 wrote:I don't understand why Dirty South is pushing Michael Brun so much, the guy is really nothing special. I'm not talking about his production skills, but just how his songs sound to me, they all sound kinda the same and even worse, none of them have soul... I feel like he said 'Ok, now I'll make a song' and then he made a song, like a music factory, no emotions or anything...
This EP is one of the best things this year and every track on it is really different from the others lol
hedz
I worship Axwell
since 2012

hedz Send private message helderdiniz Post 23 Sep 2013, 18:08

hrvoje42 wrote:I don't understand why Dirty South is pushing Michael Brun so much, the guy is really nothing special. I'm not talking about his production skills, but just how his songs sound to me, they all sound kinda the same and even worse, none of them have soul... I feel like he said 'Ok, now I'll make a song' and then he made a song, like a music factory, no emotions or anything...
His remix of Burn Forever is full of emotion... lol
hrvoje42
I worship Axwell
since 2012

hrvoje42 Send private message Post 23 Sep 2013, 18:52

hedz wrote:
its still very similar to Rift and his Teacup remix for example...
pow
I worship Axwell
since 2011
DJ Gear: None

pow Send private message Post 23 Sep 2013, 19:28

hedz wrote:
also the Your heart remix.. what a great track.

I agree that he has some sort of similar style but there is still plenty of tracks that are different.. and don't forget all the tracks are done in very similar time.. ofcourse you can't compare him with somebody like axwell.. Brun is still the new kid on the block but a promising act.

He sort of has to make a lot of tracks right now to get his name out there too anyways he is one of the better artists for me this year.. and this EP is really good.
hedz
I worship Axwell
since 2012

hedz Send private message helderdiniz Post 23 Sep 2013, 21:09

hrvoje42 wrote:
hedz wrote:
its still very similar to Rift and his Teacup remix for example...
He make similar but yet so different tracks, that's what got Dragan's attention.
camheine
I worship Axwell
since 2012

camheine Send private message Post 24 Sep 2013, 01:27

kinda agree with you to be honest, call me controversial, but i honestly reckon if hardwell had done this ep you guys would be slamming it. But that's another topic. I completely get why this guy is where he is, he makes music that appeals to the masses, and whilst i haven't liked many of his songs, the ones i have liked, well, i've liked. :|
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music."
hedz
I worship Axwell
since 2012

hedz Send private message helderdiniz Post 24 Sep 2013, 08:23

camheine wrote:
kinda agree with you to be honest, call me controversial, but i honestly reckon if hardwell had done this ep you guys would be slamming it. But that's another topic. I completely get why this guy is where he is, he makes music that appeals to the masses, and whilst i haven't liked many of his songs, the ones i have liked, well, i've liked. :|
If Hardwell made Halfway I would be highly surprised because its so good. Plus I like Hardwell's Three Triangles and remix for Mark Knight
oskar
I worship Axwell
since 2009

oskar Send private message Post 24 Sep 2013, 22:45

This kid is becoming a biggie for me. what an ep, such nice remixes lately. I truly love his input in the scene lately.

+1 dragan for signing him