Refune Records Thread

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
Vinelli
I worship Axwell
since 2009

Vinelli Send private message https://soundcloud.com/axwell-forum-radio Post 26 Jan 2013, 23:07

Bottom post of the previous page:

ah well, there are gonna be kids in a few years from now that point to tracks we (or just me) think are uninteresting (reload, years ect. are boring and trendfollowing festival manufactured soulless products of supply and demand for me (and no im not a hipster, i honestly think that way because I care(d) about the state of the scene)) when refune becomes a trap label, or something similar shitty/

fact is that refune feels the need to play into the edm hype and it's shitty happy happy joy joy sound instead of going their own way. Maybe seb hasnt got the amount of money we all think he has (although I doubt it, prancing around with his private jet ect.) . Fact is that refune would do a whole of a lot worse when it would release tracks resembling the sound of the old days. that whats makes those days old.
trebleandsonido
I worship Axwell
since 2010

trebleandsonido Send private message http://soundcloud.com/trebleandsonido trebleandsonido Post 31 Jan 2013, 18:13

Interview with Otto Knows at page 48 and following:

http://en.calameo.com/read/00039017168219582ffc8

Marcus Schossow confirming his upcoming material for Axtone and Size on page 67.
If it sounds good, it is good.
Watsa
I worship Axwell
since 2011
DJ Gear: Sennheiser HD-25

Watsa Send private message Post 01 Feb 2013, 18:53

SebIngrosso
“@mikeehayes: @SebIngrosso whens the vocal version of reload being released?” March :)
Markolinho
I worship Axwell
since 2011
DJ Gear: CDJ400 DJM800

Markolinho Send private message Post 01 Feb 2013, 21:21

Watsa wrote:SebIngrosso
“@mikeehayes: @SebIngrosso whens the vocal version of reload being released?” March :)
I'm really looking forward to the Vocal Version. It's pretty enjoyable imo.

Edit: I'm listening to it again right now and it's one of the best tracks which were released as Instrumental and got vocals after some time. It's definately better than Calling(Lose My Mind) for example. Good work from Seb and Tommy Trash. :)
Axcellent!
Watsa
I worship Axwell
since 2011
DJ Gear: Sennheiser HD-25

Watsa Send private message Post 01 Feb 2013, 21:31

Markolinho wrote:

Edit: I'm listening to it again right now and it's one of the best tracks which were released as Instrumental and got vocals after some time. It's definately better than Calling(Lose My Mind) for example. Good work from Seb and Tommy Trash. :)
I like it too, much better than lose my mind imo
hedz
I worship Axwell
since 2012

hedz Send private message helderdiniz Post 01 Feb 2013, 21:35

I still keep my opinion... Its nice vocals for a pop or slowpace music, not for reload...
Markolinho
I worship Axwell
since 2011
DJ Gear: CDJ400 DJM800

Markolinho Send private message Post 01 Feb 2013, 21:36

Watsa wrote:
Markolinho wrote:

I like it too, much better than lose my mind imo
In my opinion John Martin delivered his best here. DYWC was pretty good and Save The World was solid but his weakest performance.
Axcellent!
camheine
I worship Axwell
since 2012

camheine Send private message Post 02 Feb 2013, 06:01

Respectfully disagree, IMO the vocals don't do much for me, i liked lose my mind more. This track really does not need vocals, i mean, neither did Calling, but this one more so :|
"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music."
DCBull
I worship Axwell
since 2011

DCBull Send private message Post 02 Feb 2013, 08:43

camheine wrote:Respectfully disagree, IMO the vocals don't do much for me, i liked lose my mind more. This track really does not need vocals, i mean, neither did Calling, but this one more so :|
None of them needed vocals
House5
I worship Axwell
since 2012
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

House5 Send private message Post 02 Feb 2013, 09:02

Camheine, I agree with you with the fact that "Reload" doesn't need any vocals.

But for me, it's much better than "Calling" ! John Martin is doing it better and better imo, and even though this track is not really made for him, he does it well enough so we can forget that !

This will be huge, but I'll still prefer the Instrumental a bit.
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...
trebleandsonido
I worship Axwell
since 2010

trebleandsonido Send private message http://soundcloud.com/trebleandsonido trebleandsonido Post 02 Feb 2013, 12:44

DCBull wrote:
camheine wrote:Respectfully disagree, IMO the vocals don't do much for me, i liked lose my mind more. This track really does not need vocals, i mean, neither did Calling, but this one more so :|
None of them needed vocals
I had goosebumps when I heard calling the first time with the I Found You acapella, played at the iTunes party! They still play it with the acapella sometimes!
Last edited by trebleandsonido on 02 Feb 2013, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.
If it sounds good, it is good.