Avicii Thread [PRMD Records]

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
Seveli13
I worship Axwell
since 2014

Seveli13 Send private message Post 04 Oct 2014, 15:19

Bottom post of the previous page:

No offense to anybody but i can't understand why he's still having a thread on this forum...dude stopped making house music back at the end of 2010...this is like we had a thread about Rihana or Calvin Harris or Nicki Minaj...one could argue that Rihana had more ''progressive'' songs than him in last 2 years...i personally think he's a great producer, at making pop music of course...but he has nothing to do with house music, which is this forum all about...again, no offense to anybody...just a single man opinion... ;)
pow
I worship Axwell
since 2011
DJ Gear: None

pow Send private message Post 04 Oct 2014, 15:36

Seveli13 wrote:No offense to anybody but i can't understand why he's still having a thread on this forum...dude stopped making house music back at the end of 2010...this is like we had a thread about Rihana or Calvin Harris or Nicki Minaj...one could argue that Rihana had more ''progressive'' songs than him in last 2 years...i personally think he's a great producer, at making pop music of course...but he has nothing to do with house music, which is this forum all about...again, no offense to anybody...just a single man opinion... ;)
You are absolutely right.
ggssmm
I worship Axwell
since 2011

ggssmm Send private message http://soundcloud.com/guilherme-miranda Post 04 Oct 2014, 17:13

Remember that ax and ingrosso are following the same steps... :roll:
caspy
Axwell digger
since 2013
DJ Gear: Pioneer DDJ-T1
NI MASCHINE Mikro
NI Traktor Kontrol F1

caspy Send private message Post 04 Oct 2014, 17:18

Seveli13 wrote:No offense to anybody but i can't understand why he's still having a thread on this forum...dude stopped making house music back at the end of 2010...this is like we had a thread about Rihana or Calvin Harris or Nicki Minaj...one could argue that Rihana had more ''progressive'' songs than him in last 2 years...i personally think he's a great producer, at making pop music of course...but he has nothing to do with house music, which is this forum all about...again, no offense to anybody...just a single man opinion... ;)
To say he "has nothing to do with house music" is a bit of a stretch. This is the guy that as late as last year released stuff like Edom and Canyons, and his Avicii by Avicii album from this year contained several pure house tracks. He's still relevant, and to not have a thread about him on the forum would be pretty strange.
asaf1987
True fan
since 2014

asaf1987 Send private message Post 04 Oct 2014, 19:13

lets hope avicii will return to his good old days after few years of making enough $$$
Seveli13
I worship Axwell
since 2014

Seveli13 Send private message Post 04 Oct 2014, 19:16

ggssmm wrote:Remember that ax and ingrosso are following the same steps... :roll:
Yeah...pretty much unfortunately...but i hope after they are done with this album shit Ax will still produce some epic house music... :)
Seveli13
I worship Axwell
since 2014

Seveli13 Send private message Post 04 Oct 2014, 19:25

caspy wrote:
To say he "has nothing to do with house music" is a bit of a stretch. This is the guy that as late as last year released stuff like Edom and Canyons, and his Avicii by Avicii album from this year contained several pure house tracks. He's still relevant, and to not have a thread about him on the forum would be pretty strange.
Edom and Canyons house music...really?! Canyons have some potential but nothing more, it's like an unfinished track...Avicii by Avicii has several pure house tracks...u got to be kidding me man :D I'm gonna go on a limp here and say Rihanna - Where Have You Been is one of the purest ''progressive house'' songs i've ever heard :D Please, he's a good producer, a good pop producer...nothing more...FYI still listening to his 2010,2009 stuff and he was one of my favorite producers at the time, so it's not that i'm hating or anything, i'm just giving out the facts...dude doesn't deserve a thread on this forum anymore than any other big pop star at the moment...pure fact...no hard feelings mate ;)
enrico
I worship Axwell
since 2012

enrico Send private message Post 04 Oct 2014, 20:07

Why would/should anyone be offended by your opinion?

Spoiler alert: I have the gut feeling you are either kind of young or you just can't grasp that other people favor other artists differently than you. The motto "stop liking what I don't like" is somehow very common among those groups of people on the internet.

Avicii is one big-ass act on the international market. And this whole forum has some personal influence on some magic metrics which are used to determine which artists get a thread. Calvin Harris should have a thread on here but he became too mainstream so people like to hate on him because "magic reason". It has something to do "being cool on the internet" because his productions are definitely easy and good to listen to for a few spins. They good pop/dance music material. But then, the act "Calvin Harris" has "too easy" music, too much controlled PR so no genuine interaction and so forth. Hence no cool fan crowds.
Seveli13 wrote: i'm just giving out the facts...dude doesn't deserve a thread on this forum anymore than any other big pop star at the moment...pure fact...no hard feelings mate ;)
You mean your opinion, right?

Can I get a +1111?
House5
I worship Axwell
since 2012
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

House5 Send private message Post 04 Oct 2014, 20:40

Avicii IS a good house producer, he has nothing to prove about that, he just ditched it in order to give the whole room to his more mainstream side

I agree it's sad that his tracks are so cheap but they still have the main ingredients they always had before he became so successful : very catchy melodies, and he has super skills with piano !
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...
Seveli13
I worship Axwell
since 2014

Seveli13 Send private message Post 04 Oct 2014, 23:15

enrico wrote:
Spoiler alert: I have the gut feeling you are either kind of young or you just can't grasp that other people favor other artists differently than you. The motto "stop liking what I don't like" is somehow very common among those groups of people on the internet.

Avicii is one big-ass act on the international market. And this whole forum has some personal influence on some magic metrics which are used to determine which artists get a thread. Calvin Harris should have a thread on here but he became too mainstream so people like to hate on him because "magic reason". It has something to do "being cool on the internet" because his productions are definitely easy and good to listen to for a few spins. They good pop/dance music material. But then, the act "Calvin Harris" has "too easy" music, too much controlled PR so no genuine interaction and so forth. Hence no cool fan crowds.
Plot twist, i'm 23 and i'm into the whole club scene from 2007, not that long ago but way before all this EDM crap...it has nothing to do with being cool on the internet...it has something to do with the fact that those guys just don't make house music...period...that's pop music...Avicii is big, it has nothing to do with that either...and if Avicii and Calvin Harris ''deserve'' to have a thread here i don't see why people like David Guetta, Nicki Minaj and all that other jokes can't have it either...they also inspire milions of people around the world (God knows why)...that's basically what ur' saying :)
I have no problem with anyone's taste in music, everyone's allowed to listen what they want and what it suits them...but the thing is it's not house music, and this forum is all about house music, firstly anyway.. ;)
XavierD
Axwell lover
since 2014
DJ Gear: (Producer) Logic Pro, FL Studio

XavierD Send private message https://www.facebook.com/pbngbxd Post 05 Oct 2014, 13:46

Seveli13 wrote:Plot twist, i'm 23 and i'm into the whole club scene from 2007, not that long ago but way before all this EDM crap...it has nothing to do with being cool on the internet...it has something to do with the fact that those guys just don't make house music...period...that's pop music...Avicii is big, it has nothing to do with that either...and if Avicii and Calvin Harris ''deserve'' to have a thread here i don't see why people like David Guetta, Nicki Minaj and all that other jokes can't have it either...they also inspire milions of people around the world (God knows why)...that's basically what ur' saying :)
I have no problem with anyone's taste in music, everyone's allowed to listen what they want and what it suits them...but the thing is it's not house music, and this forum is all about house music, firstly anyway.. ;)
tl;dr I've been listening to House music since 1953, there is no way Avicii could inspire milons of people since I don't like him, and this forum is about what I want
Feeling like a kid again, total utter bliss.