Axwell - WMC'08 ID

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
Halcyon
I worship Axwell

Post Halcyon20 May 2016, 17:47

Latest post of the previous page:

I won't be this "remode" thing.
Congrats to Ax if it's a success, I wish you all the best time possible while listening to it.
But I'm fed up with all those beautiful IDs completely ruined years after we first hear them.
I'll stick to the only rip of WMC08 ID we all have ; it is free and far much better.
enrico
I worship Axwell

Post enrico20 May 2016, 19:44

https://pro.beatport.com/release/dark-r ... de/1773917

Guys, this Axwell Remode is just for you. You know that, right?

Otherwise it wouldn't have come out imho. It's not that super great, on the first listen. But I still like it. Both versions have nice buildups imo but it's difficult to say which one I dig more tbh.
House5
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

Post House520 May 2016, 21:07

It's better not to get stuck in the past, Axwell gave us an upgraded version for today's standard, it's a lot better than nothing, the only thing that could be removed is the vocal

Axwell has been very kind to do that, let's enjoy the closest version we'll have, it's a lot better than listening to a rip that doesn't fit today's standards and that we will never have anyway
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...
Dschu
I worship Axwell

Post Dschu20 May 2016, 21:28

After hearing it 5 times in a row on a good sound system it's really stuck into my head.
The wmc08 synth are so damn catchy and I enjoy hearing how Ax brought some new elements like the harder bassline into it.
Fantastic release (well the vocals are unnecessary here), Axs Remode are unique ...
adrigarhouse
I worship Axwell

Post adrigarhouse20 May 2016, 23:18

House5 wrote:It's better not to get stuck in the past, Axwell gave us an upgraded version for today's standard, it's a lot better than nothing, the only thing that could be removed is the vocal

Axwell has been very kind to do that, let's enjoy the closest version we'll have, it's a lot better than listening to a rip that doesn't fit today's standards and that we will never have anyway
I'll never understand when anyone of you say that of " x does not fit on today's standart" or " this sounds old"...Come on!

What it's good it's good and, above all, timeless. Axwell, i'm still waiting for the real WMC ID 08 and ofc Inside of Me. Please.
"Please tell me..."
Halcyon
I worship Axwell

Post Halcyon21 May 2016, 06:11

adrigarhouse wrote:
House5 wrote:It's better not to get stuck in the past, Axwell gave us an upgraded version for today's standard, it's a lot better than nothing, the only thing that could be removed is the vocal

I'll never understand when anyone of you say that of " x does not fit on today's standart" or " this sounds old"...Come on!

What it's good it's good and, above all, timeless. Axwell, i'm still waiting for the real WMC ID 08 and ofc Inside of Me. Please.
Couldn't agree more.
msqrvve
True fan

Post msqrvve21 May 2016, 07:43

Probably impossible with how Ax mixes always are, but I'm going to try and see if I can cut this up and maybe do some phasing and try and get something close to an instrumental tomorrow. I just don't like the vocals :/
House5
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

Post House521 May 2016, 08:30

As good as WMC ID sounds, and as much as I like it (and I like it a lot like anyone here), let's be honest, do you really think it would work today ? I mean here on the forum it would work obviously, but what about the rest of the world ? And most important question : what kind of artist Ax would be if he made us buy a track that he kept untouched for 7 years ? Technically a bad artist, unless it's a free giveaway, then it doesn't count

And I'm not even talking about Inside of Me, chances are so so low
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...
Davido
True fan

Post Davido21 May 2016, 08:52

House5 wrote:As good as WMC ID sounds, and as much as I like it (and I like it a lot like anyone here), let's be honest, do you really think it would work today ? I mean here on the forum it would work obviously, but what about the rest of the world ? And most important question : what kind of artist Ax would be if he made us buy a track that he kept untouched for 7 years ? Technically a bad artist, unless it's a free giveaway, then it doesn't count

And I'm not even talking about Inside of Me, chances are so so low
Exactly! Can't understand how people really thinks that we would get a untouched WMC ID. To be honest, I never thought we would, but do I want it, of course. Maybe he will release it as a free download if we continue to want it. So lets hope!
Halcyon
I worship Axwell

Post Halcyon21 May 2016, 11:08

House5 wrote:And most important question : what kind of artist Ax would be if he made us buy a track that he kept untouched for 7 years ? Technically a bad artist, unless it's a free giveaway, then it doesn't count
Right, Eric Prydz is obviously the worst artist in the world.
Polish Accent
I worship Axwell

Post Polish Accent21 May 2016, 11:12

Halcyon wrote:
House5 wrote:And most important question : what kind of artist Ax would be if he made us buy a track that he kept untouched for 7 years ? Technically a bad artist, unless it's a free giveaway, then it doesn't count
Right, Eric Prydz is obviously the worst artist in the world.
Such a strong point
"He's not on drugs, that's just Axwell
Really into his music"

in AXWELL we trust.