Axwell - WMC'08 ID

Releases, remixes, unreleased music & projects.
User avatar
Dhikhej
I worship Axwell
Posts: 507
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:58 pm
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia

Post by Dhikhej » Sat May 21, 2016 11:24 am

adrigarhouse wrote:
House5 wrote:It's better not to get stuck in the past, Axwell gave us an upgraded version for today's standard, it's a lot better than nothing, the only thing that could be removed is the vocal

Axwell has been very kind to do that, let's enjoy the closest version we'll have, it's a lot better than listening to a rip that doesn't fit today's standards and that we will never have anyway
I'll never understand when anyone of you say that of " x does not fit on today's standart" or " this sounds old"...Come on!

What it's good it's good and, above all, timeless. Axwell, i'm still waiting for the real WMC ID 08 and ofc Inside of Me. Please.
+1.. Leave The World Behind
User avatar
House5
I worship Axwell
Posts: 1770
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:28 pm
Location: France
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

Post by House5 » Sat May 21, 2016 7:33 pm

Halcyon wrote:Eric Prydz is obviously the worst artist in the world.
You can't really compare here, since Prydz evolves but stays true to one style, while Axwell completely changed directions. I thought it was quite obvious I was implying that, should have mentioned it
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...

[img]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/3492/luigietsonombre.gif[/img]
User avatar
Halcyon
I worship Axwell
Posts: 538
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 10:03 pm
Location: France

Post by Halcyon » Sat May 21, 2016 8:28 pm

Do you really hear a change of direction between this remode and the 2008 version ?
Only big differences to me are a bad vocal and a ruined idea.
I know you wanna support this new version that bad but please be honest, if the original was released instead without any rework, you would have thought it's a bad idea ?
User avatar
House5
I worship Axwell
Posts: 1770
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:28 pm
Location: France
DJ Gear: Denon DN-MC6000
VirtualDJ Pro

Post by House5 » Sat May 21, 2016 9:09 pm

Probably not, since I'm a big fan of this track like the whole forum ! But since it won't happen, I thought I just might try to enjoy this Dark River Remode
"You showed us, and the world, that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower and Mona Lisa..."
Axwell, Bercy @ Paris, Saturday, December the 8th 2012.

Luigi vs. House5...

[img]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/3492/luigietsonombre.gif[/img]
User avatar
roule3000
I worship Axwell
http://soundcloud.com/juliencmusic
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:32 pm
Location: France
DJ Gear: Apple Logic Pro 9
Ableton Live 8
Apple Macbook Pro 15"
Numark Omnicontrol
KRK RP 6 G2
Roland Quad Capture
M-Audio Axiom Air Mini 32

Post by roule3000 » Sat May 21, 2016 10:01 pm

House5 wrote:As good as WMC ID sounds, and as much as I like it (and I like it a lot like anyone here), let's be honest, do you really think it would work today ?
Yes. Tracks like this can make almost unanimity. You know House5 that it's the style of track a common artist can make only one time in his career. Ax made many ok, but this could be a game changer, whatever the date or the hype. Sad that Ax seems to have lost confidence in this masterpiece.

To compare, I'm a huge fan of Think About It, but i think we can't compare the musical impact the WMC ID could have. TAI is a huge track, Pop oriented. WMC ID is something coming from another planet.

So, yes, I think this track could be a success, in 2008 or in 2016.
User avatar
Ash Scott
Axwell digger
https://soundcloud.com/ashscott-1
Posts: 65
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:38 pm

Post by Ash Scott » Sun May 22, 2016 12:20 am

As much as it pains me to say it but over the past few months I've truly realised this, axwell has evolved (for better or for worse) and that he creates 'edm' now, not as bad as 1, 2, 3 lets go etc but it is still edm and very unlike the sound of pre 09, hence why people are saying the track 'wouldn't stand up in today', it probably wouldn't in his sets as they have changed so much from pre 09 but IMO they would still be magical tracks just not in an edm sense.

The 08 ID doesn't follow his brand or what he's striving for at the moment, he needs vocals for it sell etc. I see the debates such as 'well prydz style hasn't changed that much over the years' that's true but the fact is that axwell has made this choice over the years unlike prydz and he isn't going to just instantly come back, stop what he's creating and go back to the sound of old, them days are gone.

Don't get me wrong though I believe he could, I've always thought what if now he has the attention of the masses he took his old style to them, now he has the attention and respect he started playing techy sets and released the magical IDs like MYMU, but the fact of the matter is he doesn't want to, he enjoys his new style. And unfornately in business terms a move like that could be terrible for long term income which I guess what it's all about now.

As an ax fan I hope he didn't just sit down one day and think how can I make more money, and he evolved into today's sound which I'd be fine with, I understand artist progression and respect an artist changing but at the same time he doesn't make music that I like as he once did hence why I don't come here as often

Think a lot of people need to understand old ax has gone though, he's progressed into something new, but hey I'm bad for it too, a 5 second clip on insta (wmc synth) or the 2 mins of the tomorrowland set (I was lucky enough to see live, tai) makes us think what if, what if old axwell is in there and came back, what if he carried on creating the magic we all started liking ax for, what if he came back on the forum and gave us the original wmc 08 id or even made a new mambana track, we can live in hope but we could be waiting a while..
User avatar
MaxBisi
I worship Axwell
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:07 pm
Location: Vienna

Post by MaxBisi » Sun May 22, 2016 12:25 am

Ok so I bought it off Google Play instantly (the least I could do ;) ) and I was very surprised when I heard the first drop - it's closer to WMC 08 ID than I thought (it was even speculated he didn't change the first drop at all), but I don't really like the second drop too much - yes it works but to me it seems out of place. I don't really care about the vocal although it would be better without it of course.

I'm very flashed of how many different opinions we got here as ggssmm already mentioned - the purists, the adjusters and the ones inbetween. I'm definitely the adjuster because I don't believe that the WMC 08 ID, in the form we all know and love, is releasable today either as both the scene and Axwell himself changed (unfortunately for the worse). Sure I still enjoy WMC 08 ID more, but some tracks are simply not meant to get released, that's how our scene works, unfortunately... :cry: (even if they are the artists' magna opera like Calfan's Last Call or Ummet Ozcan's Checkmate (you can hate on him how much you want - but that track is a masterpiece))

Fun fact: Even my younger brother who has nothing to do with Electronic Music preferred the WMC 08 ID when I played to him both versions in the car :D

So I'm happy with what I got, also especially because Tom Tyger's track Delano will be released on Doorn soon - this one is also full of WMC 08 ID vibes :D
#bringthegrooveback
User avatar
makateller
I worship Axwell
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:03 am
Location: Istanbul

Post by makateller » Thu May 26, 2016 7:52 pm

guys, take a look at this

User avatar
roule3000
I worship Axwell
http://soundcloud.com/juliencmusic
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:32 pm
Location: France
DJ Gear: Apple Logic Pro 9
Ableton Live 8
Apple Macbook Pro 15"
Numark Omnicontrol
KRK RP 6 G2
Roland Quad Capture
M-Audio Axiom Air Mini 32

Post by roule3000 » Thu May 26, 2016 9:00 pm

Not perfect, but the idea is here. Need more work, but thanks to this guy to have made it.

I will try to remake it if the original don't come to our ears
User avatar
LTWB²
I worship Axwell
Posts: 244
Joined: Fri May 04, 2012 9:08 am

Post by LTWB¬≤ » Thu May 26, 2016 10:03 pm

roule3000 wrote:Not perfect, but the idea is here. Need more work, but thanks to this guy to have made it.

I will try to remake it if the original don't come to our ears
do it..original won't come