DJ MAG AXWELL : 20 JUST AWESOME !!!!

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
julian Send private message
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: 2 CDJ 800 MK2, DJM 400

Post by julian » 28 Oct 2008, 17:02

Latest post of the previous page:

axwell wrote:Thank you very much for helping me reach the 20 spot! Im really pleased and im very grateful towards everybody that took the time and effort to cast their vote on me. It makes me feel like im doing something right, and it makes me want to continue to push ever further and try and bring you the best of me everytime you come and see me at a gig!

Many thanks - champagne for everyone!

...and for those who dont drink...
the january 2008 set from melbourne , the whole thing (mind you, of course its not the newest songs, but the vibe is there)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CDTMJK62

ax
i do drink, but ill take the set anyways. youre welcome for voting, you really deserve to be there (actually you should be ranked way higher, but well, the trance guys as usually).
keep it up!
Dirty Sanchez Send private message
I worship Axwell

Post by Dirty Sanchez » 28 Oct 2008, 19:03

Great!! If DJMag gets me live sets from Ax, then I love DJMag :lol: Great to support you, Ax, and the list only proves a/that you are among the top House DJs in the world (and, of course, in our opinion, the best) and b/that DJMag readers and voters are mainly Trance fans... I mean, Morillo and Sanchez are in a very sad position, that sucks... Same with Steve or Tocadisco, Seb didn't even enter the Top 100... Anyways, let's celebrate the Top 20 with some live action from Australia :D
Wanker Send private message
Axwell lover
http://www.myspace.com/francois094

Post by Wanker » 28 Oct 2008, 19:05

Congratulations !! :D
Ax! Send private message
Axwell fan

Post by Ax! » 29 Oct 2008, 01:25

I dont like DJ Mag, its always about which trance dj gets first (meanwhile u can even say the top3 are fighting over the first place).

david guetta did alot of touring this year and makin himself popular alot (even if hes playin the same stuff all the time, thats his job and it works)
I don't want to judge anyone but yeah as many others think, i also think its not deserved because hes not experiencing or growing compared to Axwell or many others.

what i also dont understand is dirty souths ranking, nor why sebastian ingrosso and funkagenda arent on the list.

afterall its not the end of the world, congrats to axwell. atleast he went up, next time he'll hopefully win best house DJ 8-)
daherbst Send private message
Administrator
DJ Gear: all about Pioneer

Post by daherbst » 29 Oct 2008, 08:42

Well it's a not a question of touring - I guess Ax would win by far in this constest. I think it's a question of mobilising the masses - and this can Guetta obviously very good... The question is if Ax wants this (in this way) at all...

Axwell & the SHM are still for the "advanced users"...

If the price for producing high quality music is being not the no 1 @DJ Mag I hope Axwell is willing to "pay"...

The other option is: people start realising what House Music means... :D

edit: either I drink, or I listen to Axwell's music - both would be too much I guess... well - maybe I should try it once! :lol:
e=shm²
Axcellent!
Dirty Sanchez Send private message
I worship Axwell

Post by Dirty Sanchez » 29 Oct 2008, 15:07

I always found the DJ Awards better even though they are not much of a thing :)
mattos000 Send private message
Axwell fan

Post by mattos000 » 02 Nov 2008, 15:52

daherbst wrote:If the price for producing high quality music is being not the no 1 @DJ Mag I hope Axwell is willing to "pay"...

The other option is: people start realising what House Music means... :D
are you seriously trying to tell me that armin, tiesto, pvd and the other number 1's havn't made 'high quality music' as you say?

and anyway im pretty sure its dj mag top 100 djs.. not top 100 producers. and even then trance djs would still come in top because most people already know what TRANCE music means.

what i dont understand is how guetta made it in highest out of house djs. axwell and.. well.. just about every other house dj rip him in half. but i guess thats just my opinion

anyway axwell congratulations on your placing man.
ricardo Send private message
Axwell fan
http://www.myspace.com/ricardo_mastermix

Post by ricardo » 08 Nov 2008, 20:17

My favorite "Sebastian Ingrosso" position Nº103 :cry:
Excellent postion Axwell, Prydz and Angello. :)
lifesabeat Send private message
Axwell digger
http://djdomas.com
DJ Gear: DJM-800, (2) CDJ-800, Traktor Pro

Post by lifesabeat » 09 Dec 2008, 06:22

Congrats Ax!!! When I saw you close out WMC 2008 after Bob Sinclair at The Mansion I knew you'd have an insane year!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juwb1GObe0M
(getting a new cam for WMC 09...) :P

That set was just epic... words can't describe!

Also, great seeing you at Avalon. Come back soon!