Deadmau5's comment on DJ's...

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
daherbst
Administrator
DJ Gear: all about Pioneer

Post daherbst02 Dec 2008, 11:34

I've just read the article and was a bit... let's call it surprised... pls read it and comment it...

http://www.houseplanet.dj/index.php/Nov ... c*nts.html
e=shm²
Axcellent!
ANDREA
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Nothing :'(

Post ANDREA02 Dec 2008, 12:59

F**k you stupid mau5! :evil: If you don't like this work, don't do it! So he does it only for money! :| I would say this to him: “I don’t really see the technical merit to use always the same sound in your songs..."
I AM A BOY!!!

I've Got Nothing But Love For You!
Byron
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: (Pioneer)2-1000mk3's 1-cdj400,DJM 800
HDJ1000

Post Byron02 Dec 2008, 14:39

ANDREA wrote:| I would say this to him: “I don’t really see the technical merit to use always the same sound in your songs..."
true true, but personaly a couldn't give two f*@ks about what the Mau5 said,who is he to judge anyway.??
+ i heard his mixmag cd and all he was doing was basicly mixing one track to the other..so what's he talking about.?? :lol:
good mix all the same..
Kosi
I worship Axwell

Post Kosi02 Dec 2008, 15:32

I think he should listen to one of axwell´s sets. I think HIS sets are boring and he`s just mixing one track after the other. What he says doesnt sound very intellectual ...
ANDREA
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Nothing :'(

Post ANDREA02 Dec 2008, 16:30

Kosi wrote:I think he should listen to one of axwell´s sets. I think HIS sets are boring and he`s just mixing one track after the other. What he says doesnt sound very intellectual ...
True if he say that mixing 2 songs it's so easy, try to mix most tracks together and make mashups! His essential mix at warehouse was so boring...
I AM A BOY!!!

I've Got Nothing But Love For You!
FrederikLaMode
Axwell digger
DJ Gear: Xone 4d and an MAC

Post FrederikLaMode02 Dec 2008, 17:11

Deadmau5 is right, he means alot of dj's, not all, he also said that he has respect for dj's that do things different so I guess we can count axwell on that one.
Byron
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: (Pioneer)2-1000mk3's 1-cdj400,DJM 800
HDJ1000

Post Byron02 Dec 2008, 21:11

FrederikLaMode wrote:Deadmau5 is right, he means alot of dj's, not all, he also said that he has respect for dj's that do things different so I guess we can count axwell on that one.
Yeah man i have to agree with you on that one,setting the standard higher is always a good thing...but is really doing it himself...?? :?
carllouis
Axtone Artist

Post carllouis02 Dec 2008, 21:24

ANDREA wrote: I would say this to him: “I don’t really see the technical merit to use always the same sound in your songs..."
So true! :lol:
daherbst
Administrator
DJ Gear: all about Pioneer

Post daherbst02 Dec 2008, 21:41

Well my opinion is:

Actually he's right - there are so many guys out there calling themselves "DJ". But all in all they don't have an idea what's going on...
What I absolute dislike is the message that DJing is "under" producing...
Maybe that's his opinion since he obviously isn't that skilled concerning mixing..
Again the whole think reminds of "Noir-It's all about the house music"..

I personally don't produce - and I don't think producing is the natural way a DJ has to follow...

If someone asks me if I play an instrument I say yes - a DJM 800... and that's really how I feel about it.

There are really so many great House tracks out there - but only in conncetion with the right mixing they seem to unfold themselves... (at least for me) - Axwell's sets are the best evidence!

I once said I think Deadmau is overrated - and I still think so- most of his productions sound too similar - it seems that his success came a bit too fast...

Last but not least... I guess Deadmau's breakthrough came with the SHM set in Ibiza (faster, better, stronger Remix)... ;)
e=shm²
Axcellent!
Dirty Sanchez
I worship Axwell

Post Dirty Sanchez03 Dec 2008, 00:48

All I can say is I think he's got a very high opinion of himself and his work, and truth is he's done some good stuff like his Remix of 'It's our future', or his second edit of his 'Brazil' track... But at the same time, he is the same guy making a career out of repetitive stuff.

So yeah, let's all be honest then, since he wants to play that game of being brutally honest, let's all be honest: I do appreciate those tracks I've mentioned BUT everything else he does is somewhat in the middle of 'The reward is cheese' or 'Not exactly'... and those other tracks people call 'bombs', such as Faxing Berlin or Ghosts and Stuff bore the FUCK out of me.

Who's the f*cking c*nt after all? That DJ that does something so stupid as blending songs together for a live audience... or an overrated guy that walks around with a mouse mask?

Just check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7tI1E6kp0o

So that's the future of DJing. You sample a horror song with some electro noise while you dress yourself up with a mouse mask and pretend to kill someone else who is wearing another mouse mask. That's the future of DJing, says a guy called Mouse. Don't even bother mixing acapellas with instrumentals to create new music live, don't even bother about the mash-ups. The future now is disguising yourself and touching a screen.

Give me a break...