Deadmau5's comment on DJ's...

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
Dirty Sanchez
I worship Axwell

Post Dirty Sanchez03 Dec 2008, 00:48

Latest post of the previous page:

All I can say is I think he's got a very high opinion of himself and his work, and truth is he's done some good stuff like his Remix of 'It's our future', or his second edit of his 'Brazil' track... But at the same time, he is the same guy making a career out of repetitive stuff.

So yeah, let's all be honest then, since he wants to play that game of being brutally honest, let's all be honest: I do appreciate those tracks I've mentioned BUT everything else he does is somewhat in the middle of 'The reward is cheese' or 'Not exactly'... and those other tracks people call 'bombs', such as Faxing Berlin or Ghosts and Stuff bore the FUCK out of me.

Who's the f*cking c*nt after all? That DJ that does something so stupid as blending songs together for a live audience... or an overrated guy that walks around with a mouse mask?

Just check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7tI1E6kp0o

So that's the future of DJing. You sample a horror song with some electro noise while you dress yourself up with a mouse mask and pretend to kill someone else who is wearing another mouse mask. That's the future of DJing, says a guy called Mouse. Don't even bother mixing acapellas with instrumentals to create new music live, don't even bother about the mash-ups. The future now is disguising yourself and touching a screen.

Give me a break...
daherbst
Administrator
DJ Gear: all about Pioneer

Post daherbst03 Dec 2008, 09:13

Pls ban Dirty - he's far too ironic! :D

Well... actually nothing more to add - I'm with you Dirty! It's, like always, a question of demand & supply... and I'm quite sure the demand will fade - not because of his statement (he made kind of a revision as well - just read @ Houseplanet), but because of his music itself.

Maybe I'm wrong... BUT - who really plays Deadmau tracks??? I would never ever - well - maybe in the moring hours just to get rid of the drunken crowd! :twisted:
e=shm²
Axcellent!
peter017
I worship Axwell

Post peter01703 Dec 2008, 10:16

thats the point of deadmau5s mixes... i see his mix and i dont need to download it and listen to it (i never do it) why? cause when i see tracklist i know whats it all about.... always own song nothing more and no mixing
FrederikLaMode
Axwell digger
DJ Gear: Xone 4d and an MAC

Post FrederikLaMode03 Dec 2008, 10:58

If I could play all my songs I would also do that! He started to produce and to get people to listen to his music he needed to dj. Having that said, his mixes arent anything special tho
Mxtone
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: waiting for the day to come and have 2xpioneer cdj-1000mk3 and a djm 800 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Mxtone03 Dec 2008, 12:26

Dirty Sanchez wrote:All I can say is I think he's got a very high opinion of himself and his work, and truth is he's done some good stuff like his Remix of 'It's our future', or his second edit of his 'Brazil' track... But at the same time, he is the same guy making a career out of repetitive stuff.

So yeah, let's all be honest then, since he wants to play that game of being brutally honest, let's all be honest: I do appreciate those tracks I've mentioned BUT everything else he does is somewhat in the middle of 'The reward is cheese' or 'Not exactly'... and those other tracks people call 'bombs', such as Faxing Berlin or Ghosts and Stuff bore the FUCK out of me.

Who's the f*cking c*nt after all? That DJ that does something so stupid as blending songs together for a live audience... or an overrated guy that walks around with a mouse mask?

Just check this out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7tI1E6kp0o

So that's the future of DJing. You sample a horror song with some electro noise while you dress yourself up with a mouse mask and pretend to kill someone else who is wearing another mouse mask. That's the future of DJing, says a guy called Mouse. Don't even bother mixing acapellas with instrumentals to create new music live, don't even bother about the mash-ups. The future now is disguising yourself and touching a screen.

Give me a break...
ur damn right drity he is just happy with his damn mixer just doing that silly loops that he got them perviosly done just the whole thing around and around , for his opinion in him self ! who that fuck lied to u dead shit and said ur the future of DJing !!!!!!!!!!!! Djs great as axwell , erick morillo , even guetta !!!!!!!!!!!!!! didnt say that they are the Best or the ture Djs ,, even ppl who make DJing different like Sander kleinberg with his DVJing skills which i belive to give a sepical taste 2 the night didnt say that what he is doing is the future of DJing so ur wearing a kids mask and saying ur the future !!!!!!!!! SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO SCARE SOME KIDS TO MAKE THEM DRINK THEIR MILK OR WHATEVER !!!!!
P.S i think he wears a mask coz he aint the same guy ever time :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I Got Nothing But Love For You
FrederikLaMode
Axwell digger
DJ Gear: Xone 4d and an MAC

Post FrederikLaMode03 Dec 2008, 12:56

Dirty sanchez you are acting like a little kid. Liking music is a matter of taste it's the same as I dont like dubstep or whatever kind weird drum and bass or classical music. But I dont go bashing it. As you can see that crowd is going wild on ghost and stuff which is great for them. :!: Yes the mix ( and other mixes) in that video sucks ass I agree with you there.

Deadmau5 referred too those kind of dj's that do it because it's popular and beatmix songs in. He didnt call any big dj names so I dunno whats the fuzz. If your good you aint that kind of dj that only beatmixes then you shouldnt be any offended by it. You might not know it but Deadmau5 has special parts of the song in ableton so he can trigger accapella's (harder better faster stronger at any time etc.

As for the future of djing, it has gone from the start to vinyl to cd to digital. Some people said cd was cheating just the sameway people are now bashing digital. But if you can be more creative with it why not? Now can even do more stuff to make your set stand out/be different.

The reason why people hate deadmau5 is because he is producing alot! of tracks, but they all sound alot like eachother. I dont really care because when something has a beautifull melody I like to listen to it, even when it's 8th notes with two simple detuned saws even I can make. I still like it. I guess he has topped the charts so fast that he didnt really got a chance to change his style, so all the things he makes sound alot like posting.php?mode=reply&f=1&t=708#eachother. I'd say give it time and alot of better things will come out of him.
paulanthony
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Pioneer

Post paulanthony03 Dec 2008, 13:10

I think it's time for someone to defend the mouse...
Sure his productions are all similar and they do get boring, but I saw this guy live once and he rocked the shit out of the 3 cdjs and all his computerstuff, dropping acapellas and everything... I was sceptical at first, but I gave it a shot and I must say that that was one of the best performances I have ever been to... he didn't have his mask and all the other show effects with him though, so it was all about the music that night. and it was good, very good...
daherbst
Administrator

Post daherbst03 Dec 2008, 13:24

What me annoys is: there is a nich little Canadian who dropped some nice tracks and now he thinks he is the one...

There is no need to offend anyone - and I still think he is not in the position to complain - but that's just mho....

I personally don't like all the digital, timecode, etc... stuff - for me the DJ Heaven is a DJM 800, 3/4x CDJ 1000 & a UDG bag with Axwells discography... Acutally you don't need anything more for an evening... :D (maybe some acapellas or effects...)
e=shm²
Axcellent!
Dirty Sanchez
I worship Axwell

Post Dirty Sanchez03 Dec 2008, 17:16

Bottom line is, some of us don't like him that much and some do like him that much 'on the production side' of things, and most of us agree he is pretty average 'on the mixing side' of things. And the truth is, the guy comes out making pretty harsh comments and had to 'explain' himself for a reason. So yeah, just like I say thanks for 'Brazil' (2nd edit) or for 'It's our future' (Remix), and just like I myself wondered about that Xone3D thing on the Production sub-forum, I also say that I feel this guy needs to come down to Earth and be more careful the next time he wants to make headlines.
paulanthony
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Pioneer

Post paulanthony04 Dec 2008, 10:53

I just wanted to get straight that he can mix if he wants to... ;)
There's no doubt his comments are pretty stupid...
daherbst
Administrator

Post daherbst05 Dec 2008, 09:13

Paul you saw him @ Volksgarten, right?
e=shm²
Axcellent!