set

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
smoove
Axwell lover

Post smoove03 Dec 2008, 21:31

hi
ill spin on a party soon and I thinking about playing a "axwellish" set, hehe
gonna throw all the bombs, let it go, tell me why, counting down the days... and on and on, also where are u know, deliver me, show me a reason
i thought about opening with What a Wonderful World, do you thinks its a good idea?
i know its a lame question, but it doesnt matter , im always crazy about the opening song
cheers
kaiser
Axwell digger

Post kaiser03 Dec 2008, 22:35

for me it always depends on the time I'm playing and the crowd. be spontaneous!
Petter
Administrator
DJ Gear: 3x CDJ-1000
1x DJM-800
1x MacBook Pro

Post Petter03 Dec 2008, 22:42

Agree with kaiser. If you want to play an axwell opening, he use to open with Sebastian Tellier - Sexual Sportswear mixed in with Dirty South - Let it go (Axwell Remix) in many of his sets.
I Image House Music
daherbst
Administrator
DJ Gear: all about Pioneer

Post daherbst03 Dec 2008, 23:27

There are so many ways to go... I'd make a "Watch the sunrise"- Mashup eg... the vocals and the guitar rocks...

Basically I would recommend a "commercial" intro... start with the easy tracks - and go on...
e=shm²
Axcellent!
smoove
Axwell lover

Post smoove03 Dec 2008, 23:32

yeah I totally agree with being spontaneous, its just because i always play in my room ... i now im trying to be a little bit prepared, doing my homework u know hehe
thanks guys
cheers
Dirty Sanchez
I worship Axwell

Post Dirty Sanchez04 Dec 2008, 03:14

My axwellish beginning could be something like this:

- First, I'd go with a Let it go bootleg I have and I guess you can find it around, it's the Enur - Calabria track vs the Axwell Remix for Let it go, pretty cool thing...
- Then I'd reproduce that Watch the sunrise vs Apocalypse bootleg that's not available but not too hard to do live, I can do it myself and I'm just getting started, just need to pitch up or down Apocalypse so that both sound perfect together.
- Then take it to some of the tracks he's been spinning or some instrumentals, it's not about vocals all the time so maybe go with Rotterdam, throw in Submariner for sure...
- Save W.W.W. for the big ending, it's worth it :D

Just my opinion though!
smoove
Axwell lover

Post smoove04 Dec 2008, 09:50

that's some cool advice, thanks
I have some possibilities to go now :)
saw a opening of morillo with Make Your Own Kind of Music (muttoheads remix) which was pretty cool too, he also has been opening his set with Calabria (kurd maverick)
agreed on letting WWW for the end ;)
gonna also try to do a "Tell me Why" transition, the one he did with Exceeder
Mxtone
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: waiting for the day to come and have 2xpioneer cdj-1000mk3 and a djm 800 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Mxtone04 Dec 2008, 12:56

For me i would drop Chris Ortega ft. Chandler P. - Separated .for an intro its used by erick morillo for many of this his sets and it makes the crowd goes mad every time u can see it in his gig in pacha sharm then i would gone along with axwell bomb for the end its www or open your heart with a mash maybe missing or deep fear & if u played open your heart try hitting www w/ every time we touch , and it will get the crowd on again
maybe some dirty south like the end maybe D 10 then maybe Stephan Luke - Pressure followed by brain cross - paradise (marco v remix) and for
the rest For the axwell hits from tell me why to mash ups with Rotterdam
and that will do it form me :D
I Got Nothing But Love For You
Mxtone
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: waiting for the day to come and have 2xpioneer cdj-1000mk3 and a djm 800 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Mxtone04 Dec 2008, 13:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR3JCgo67Ww
u can see what Separated do for an intro !!!!!!!!!;D crowd just goes crazy
I Got Nothing But Love For You
peter017
I worship Axwell

Post peter01704 Dec 2008, 19:24

hmmm i think i ll choose separated intro mashed to any other song.... i dont like the original beat... i ll choose sometin from SHM, maybe... dunno i ll try to make sometin