The never ending story... copying

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
Petter
Administrator
DJ Gear: 3x CDJ-1000
1x DJM-800
1x MacBook Pro

Post Petter24 Jan 2009, 10:21

Latest post of the previous page:

peter017 wrote:just take a look what michael mind is doing after the success of infinity by klaas... baker street - michael mind
Lol, now i listened to it. The saxophone part has been used in a 80's song I know. Can't remember the name, but it's a complete rip off!
I Image House Music
daherbst
Administrator
DJ Gear: all about Pioneer

Post daherbst24 Jan 2009, 13:20

It's actually a Remix - the Original track is: Baker Stree - Gerry Rafferty
e=shm²
Axcellent!
Kris Kay
Administrator
Send private message http://www.axwell.co.uk
DJ Gear: MBP - 2.6GHZ w/ 24in Monitor
Motu Traveller
Ableton Live
Logic 8 w/ Novation Rem Comapct
KRK VXT6
Loads..... Plugins

Post Kris Kay24 Jan 2009, 20:22

I like these topics. There was a few on here and some on the old forum if you remember that far back!

I actually think people like to listen out for similarities and, now more than ever you can tell what presets, vst, au have been used . Theres shit loads of sampling going on now more than ever.

A track is a track, if you like it then great. Theres more people who wouldnt know the difference than would. I like to listen out for myself and i'm like :o :o :o cheeky F****ers when i hear something but i also have a laugh about it to.

I've sampled the hell out of one track i'm working on

Hey if you can get away with it.... lol

KK/ Peace :mrgreen:
Dirty Sanchez
I worship Axwell

Post Dirty Sanchez27 Jan 2009, 02:07

I love sampling... but I hate copying, and that Rotterdam city of love sound-alike is a true fucking copy!

Besides, good examples of sampling I've heard lately:

- Pete Gooding James Doman - Running (Mark Knight & Funkagenda Remix)
- Shervais (Sharam vs Cedric Gervais) - You don't even know us

Those are good. Or 'Man with the red face' getting a new version, with more bridges, a more techy background... that's awesome! But damn it, sometimes it's blatant copy and that song by that Kim Joffrey that inaugurated this post is a fuckin insult! Like Petter said, this might as well be called

Kim Joffrey - Take me to Rotterdam, Axwell, I can't produce my own shit

:|
peter017
I worship Axwell

Post peter01727 Jan 2009, 08:55

:!: :!: :!: dont waste a kim jofferey's work... he made a great song earlier than axwell made rotterdam(i ve heard this song played by axwell in august)....BUT this copying shit was made by Chris Kaeser... and u havent mentioned him in ur post so lets be correct and dont make a bad name on ppl who dont deserve it :)
daherbst
Administrator
DJ Gear: all about Pioneer

Post daherbst27 Jan 2009, 12:11

I'm sure Dirty ment it this way... but acutally Peter is right...
e=shm²
Axcellent!
Byron
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: (Pioneer)2-1000mk3's 1-cdj400,DJM 800
HDJ1000

Post Byron27 Jan 2009, 16:30

Yeah i think he means Chris Keaser, i hope so because i think Kim Jofferey Is a great producer,the original is Bangin!!.Chris Keaser's new track Conscience (Chris Kaeser Remix) is 58 on the beatport chart..????Do these people have any sense at all.??
peter017
I worship Axwell

Post peter01727 Jan 2009, 18:18

im sure he did but just for someone who saw just this page... he could get confused... i remember original which i recorded live with my phone and that was why i came to this forum, to ask axwell the name of track... he wrote it back in one day :shock: i was so lucky :D (cause axwell doesnt reply on wanting IDs posts) and then luckily natalie send me that song... LOVE IT! but i d never buy kaeser remix i dont really like it (as everyone do :roll: )
take a listen http://www.wrzuta.pl/audio/cEydWrVs2v/audio this song kickin ass live

btw another total copying take a look at Michael Baker (Houserockerz Remix) first time ive heard it i thought this is same as 30Hz ft Yolanda - Daddio (Miles Dyson Remix) when the beat comes its almost the same
Dirty Sanchez
I worship Axwell

Post Dirty Sanchez29 Jan 2009, 19:50

Yeah, like all of you know I meant the Remixer not the artist. Kim is fine with me, the Remixer I won't even mention has lost any respect I could possibly have for him.
ANDREA
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Nothing :'(

Post ANDREA29 Jan 2009, 20:28

Blacktron - G.D.C.
Another copy of take me there...
I AM A BOY!!!

I've Got Nothing But Love For You!
Dirty Sanchez
I worship Axwell

Post Dirty Sanchez29 Jan 2009, 21:01

What bothers me is that this people actually have some knowledge of how to produce, and some time to do so. I don't! I have to study and my girlfriend absorves most of my free time, and I'm not even in Spain so I can't really sit down and focus on getting how to do this shit right... And then there is this people, that use that 'talent' in the worst way possible, trying to build themselves by copying, ripping other people's work. It bothers me a lot cos if I were them I wouldn't waste my time like they do.