When will it come to an end ???

General discussion concerning music, artists & labels.
Gio
Axwell fan

Post Gio16 Feb 2009, 18:24

When will it come again ??? The real Housemusic !!!
When will it come to an end with this underlevel stuff of electrohouse ???
Why the most peoples dont like Vocalstuff anymore ???

I play House as professional Dj since 20Years . I played all Axwell tunes and remixes !! This was great STUFF Baby Subliminal,Defected Soulfuric .The Peektime of Housemusic. Baby this was House from its finest side . 5-6 Years ago I remember that the feeling in a club and its atmosphere were so strong that some times I got tears in my eyes for the emotion I feld

Now I thing about to quit with deejaying because I got no more pleasure and I´am always pissed off after a Saturdaynight . We played the new mixes of the Subliminal Tune . Life goes on .....MURDER

but who cares ??? We played it and the reaction from the people is like 0!
Devasting frustration !!! This is all I feel in such moments . And its not so that I didn´t have experience ..I got a lot of experience and played in a lot of clubs . I always know what to do !! Till now I always was able to switch the night from a bad situation transforming it in a pleasurefull Partynight! Know it isn`t so easy and to be honest I dont care anymore about the peoples ! They make me sik !

Producers ......Please change your ways to go . The music at the moment isn´t so beautyful . Stop doing electrtracks . This are underlevel and always the same !!!
Boring

React the good Clubhouse stuff ..... Was the best time .
ANDREA
I worship Axwell
DJ Gear: Nothing :'(

Post ANDREA16 Feb 2009, 18:29

Yes, agreed with you! There was already another topic where we had talk about this!
I AM A BOY!!!

I've Got Nothing But Love For You!
Dirty Sanchez
I worship Axwell

Post Dirty Sanchez16 Feb 2009, 21:01

I know... I see acts like Roger Sanchez and Erick Morillo becoming somewhat smaller in comparison with Deadmau5 and such artists and all that electro noise and damn, it sucks! But man don't quit DJing, now is when House needs DJs the most, they are the ones that will keep it alive!! Life goes on is such a GREAT track, if people don't appreciate that it's their club culture ignorance... At least we got the swedes, Subliminal, the S-Man, Defected and people like you!
daherbst
Administrator
DJ Gear: all about Pioneer

Post daherbst17 Feb 2009, 11:28

I think it's not that easy... there are positive aspects as well... I listen to House since... well almost 10 years... I started to love it with tracks like "Pasilda" oder "Cada vez" or "Lucky Star"... or... Jetlag, Mambana etc etc... and then there was this outstandig track called "Fell the Vibe"... still one of the best House tracks ever since it combines everything House means & needs...

However - and that's the point - hardly anyone was interested in House Music... hardly anyone knew House Music (at least in Austria - yes I know the Spanish are diffrent in this way ;) )
This is def a positive development: you can play House almost everywhere, and the crowd is far more willing to hear new stuff...

The problem is: with every success come imitators, an thus cheap, dull tracks... but for me "the good" is (at least a bit) defined by the "the bad" ...

I keep up the good old tracks... and I also play current tracks which are "Elektro"... and both works in a way...
e=shm²
Axcellent!
Gio
Axwell fan

Post Gio17 Feb 2009, 17:45

Yes .Ok . But its not a matter if the new Track " Life goes on" is a great Track . Of course its a great Track otherwise I didn´t play it ...
For example . I´am the Kind of DJ who lives with the motto Entertain but educate ! I play life goes on always ...and always and I dont care if the crowed like this record . They have to hear it . I´am the Master !

Other DJ play only what the crowed want . OK its your Job to play music for the crowed .....But only ??? Without creativity ???

I´am disapointed about the most of DJ´s that do not go its own way . In the last years I see that the DJ isn´t anymore the Guy on which someone is looking up . Years ago if you were DJ you were a God ...today no one cares about the DJ . Its a worker or something else . I too got my best years with House like Mambana , Joey Negro It must be the music or cadavez , Mystic3 and many more . And I mean that this moment of Music got the most Soul . It was simply FANTASTIC because this Sound got the most Style . Now I see the Problem in to much Music Output . DJ do not Spend money to get music . There is Emule for downloading all you need .

Now when I go playing at the weekend , I got always 30-40 new Tracks .
But I think that this is the matter because we will lose quality . To much is not good . Less is better because if you gonna play only 5 new Tracks but Fantastic 5 new Tracks you will beware the quality of your sets . I just be going backward and dont get all this new shit . I take only the best tracks ....less tracks but very good tracks !

I remember days were we payed a lot of money for records . You couldn´t have 30-40 new tracks because it was very expensive .

Today I go on Traxsource and buy only the best ... I spend much more ..but beware my quality .

I dont know if you understand what I mean with this post . But I mean that this is the reason . The fuckin money demaged this beautyful art .
Deejaying is the most wonderful thing in the world ...but not at the moment .
daherbst
Administrator

Post daherbst17 Feb 2009, 19:44

Look Gio... I'm not sure if the current development is guilty for your status...

In a way I'm with you - there is a lot of trash out there - but on the other hand I can't stay this "good old times" thing...

I'm looking forward to coming tracks... and if you watch Ingrosso's vid you'll see... the party is still going on!
e=shm²
Axcellent!
smoove
Axwell lover

Post smoove12 Mar 2009, 22:01

gotta bring back that feeling ... that feeling has been gone ... for way too long
daherbst
Administrator

Post daherbst13 Mar 2009, 09:56

If you listen to "Leave the World behind" and you don't get this feeling - go to the doctor! HURRY!
e=shm²
Axcellent!
boksic
Axwell lover

Post boksic13 Mar 2009, 20:57

I know what you mean Gio, I have been thinking the same recently most tracks I listen to these days don't give me that smile I used to get when listening to House music.

But there are still some great songs out there, its just there aren't as many.

Music just now is great to get you moving in a club but not for listening at home. Whereas a few years ago music was great to listen to both at home and in a club.

I posted a great Axwell set from 2003 in the multimedia section which has so much energy and still sounds great today.

But like I said there are still some great tracks today eg Open Your Heart, and a lot of Pryda stuff that still get me smiling.
daherbst
Administrator

Post daherbst14 Mar 2009, 13:37

For me the most important thing is to get rid of "Elektro"...

Still - "the good" needs "the bad" :)
e=shm²
Axcellent!